V-8 Soup Batch 8. Quite a dish, salty, kinda sweet, earthy, crunchy, a bit of everything. Hamburger vegetable soup with potatoes gets even tastier as it sits in the fridge. Try making a double batch and eating it for several meals throughout the week.
Because of the Coronavirus, California has a stay at home order in effect and I've been telecommuting for over thirty days now. My daily exercise consists of walking to the mailbox and the occasional drive down the coast. It could be worse, I'm healthy and that I am thankful for. You can have V-8 Soup Batch 8 using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of V-8 Soup Batch 8
- It’s of Soup ingredients.
- Prepare 1 pound of bok choy.
- Prepare 1 pound of common mushrooms.
- You need 15 ounces of chickpea.
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s of Rice.
- You need 2 cups of cooked unsalted rice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s To taste of seasoned salt.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- Prepare of Broth.
- Prepare 1-1/2 quarts of V-8 original vegetable drink.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of peanut/or neutral tasting oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil.
- Prepare of Cheese and other options.
- You need To taste of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- You need To taste of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare To taste of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of Late in the game.
- You need 1 cup of sliced pickled okra see my recipe.
One of my absolute favorite meals is homemade vegetable soup. I like a good hearty rustic soup with huge chunks of vegetables and a tomato base. The flavor is amazing and rich and delicious. Weight Loss Magic Soup is a combination of a couple of weight loss soup recipes that have been around for years – Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup and the Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe.
V-8 Soup Batch 8 step by step
- Wash and peel the vegetables except the potato. Cut the potatoes into slices. I had one huge potato, so I cut it into fourths. Then sliced..
- Cut the Carrots into 1 inch cuts. Slice the mushrooms. Chop the bok choy..
- Dice the onion. Heat the oils, sauté the onion and mushrooms in the oils..
- When the onions are translucent add the rest of the vegetables..
- Spray nonstick spray in a pan and add the rice. Heat not stirring till rice turns crunchy. Then break it up and turn in pan, to get the other side crunchy. If you can turn the whole thing at once then do so. Then you can break it up to fit in bottom of bowl latter..
- When the vegetables are Sauteed for 7-8 minutes add V-8 juice. Add seasonings to taste for the soup. Cook for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes of cooking add the okra..
- Serve. Add rice to a bowl and add soup to the top. Top off with some grated cheese. I hope you enjoy!.
- Note: remember how much salt you add, especially if you want to add cheese. This soup is relying on texture and layering of flavors. The okra will be filled with vinegar brine, which vinegar counter acts too much salt..
We added kidney beans for protein to help feel fuller for a longer period of time. Feel free to add or subtract vegetables to your taste. I cobbled this recipe together between BH&G, mom, and Joy. It makes a lot, but that's ok, because the leftovers get more delicious with time, as the flavors blend with each other. You can also supplement with frozen or canned if you feel the need.