Shepard pie easy and cheating. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. How To Make British Shepherd's Pie.
I find that the easiest way to make this dish is to work ahead. You could make the beef or lamb mixture ahead. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. You can cook Shepard pie easy and cheating using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepard pie easy and cheating
- You need of ground beef or sausage or lamp for vegetarians use morning star or Boca meat.
- Prepare of parsley.
- It’s of french style green beans.
- You need of mushroom.
- It’s of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of mashed potatoes.
- You need of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare of vegatable oil.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food. This lightened up easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lean ground beef, lots of veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes. When I first posted this recipe many years back I spelled it incorrectly as Shepards Pie.
Shepard pie easy and cheating instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. It starts with a good base which is gonna be the ground beef or sausage it has to be properly brown and season. With a little bit of salt cumin and sazon.
- Also if your starting the baked potatoes from blank. I'm assuming you know how to make bake potatoes if you're not please put oregano and seasoning in the mixture.with plenty of butter.
- I prefer a can of green beans French cut but if you choose regular peas make sure you drain the juices from the can and sauteed them for about 15 min during the sauteed process please add mushrooms. Also a little bit of ground pepper.
- In a casserole pan please put a thin coat of vegatable oil. layer of ground beef. Than a layer of green beans. Than a layer of cheese. Than a layer of mashed potatoes..
- Place in oven til for fifteen min or till it's a little brown on top.
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper when is done.
I was quickly corrected and learned when this dish is made with lamb it. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese Partner Tip. Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier. When you're in the mood for a meaty, savory comfort-food classic, serve Alton Brown's Shepherd's Pie from Good Eats on Food Network.