Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta. Slow Cooker Beef Caldereta / Kaldereta. This Asian beef stew (Beef Caldereta) is totally robust in flavor and so delicious! Cooking in the slow cooker makes it very convenient, too.
Learn how to make this traditional dish that's a staple during special celebrations of all types and sizes. Add the liver spread, tomato paste and tomato sauce. Add the broth and season with salt and pepper. You can have Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta
- You need 2.2 lbs of Beef stew meat (chuck roast cut into chunks).
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil (plus a little extra if needed).
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 2 of Plum Tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium size Carrots, sliced into 1-inch thickness.
- Prepare 4 of Red Potatoes, cut into cubes (roughly the same size as the carrots).
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 cup of Beef broth or water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce (adjust to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 1/3-1/2 cup of Peanut Butter, or to taste (maybe replaced with Liver spread to be more authentic).
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of frozen Peas.
- You need 2 tsp of brown Sugar (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper,.
This time we're going to cook Beef Caldereta in the slow-cooker. Please watch in HD (to see our imperfections lol). Slow Cooker Lamb Caldereta This is a must try recipe for lamb lovers out there. In fact, the flavors in this dish will come out equally excellent with pork, beef, or any other choice of meat.
Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta step by step
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper..
- In a large frying pan (like a heavy stainless steel or cast iron skillet), heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Sear the beef by browning on all sides in the hot oil. Keep some space in between the beef chunks when frying so don’t dump all the beef but cook in batches..
- Place in a plate as you cook. This method will ensure a deep and delicious taste from the meat so if you can don’t omit the step..
- In the remaining oil (or add a little oil to the skillet if needed) saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. The purpose is to deglaze the pan with the juices from the veggies and get all the yummy brown bits remaining there for extra flavor..
- Place the beef and the sauteed vegetables in the slow cooker. If there’s no time, simply add the browned beef with the vegetables in the slow cooker..
- Add the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves. Pour the beef broth (or water), fish sauce or soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Give it a quick stir. Cover and cook on low until the beef is fork tender between 6-8 hours..
- When the beef is already tender enough to eat (but not falling apart) add the peanut butter and red bell pepper. You can also add the frozen peas at this point. Add the sugar, if using. This is not to sweeten the stew but to enhance the flavor. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Stir everything gently. Cook for another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until everything is fully heated through..
- Serve with freshly steamed rice on the side..
Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Pour in water, pineapple juice, onion, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Beef Kaldereta is a main stay in any Filipino Kitchen. It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. Ingredients such as potato, carrots, bell peppers, and olives are also utilized when cooking this dish.