Chiles Rellenos. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until the whites form stiff peaks. They're sometimes served with a simple red or green salsa, or even wrapped in a tortilla with refried beans to make chile relleno burritos. This variation on chiles rellenos (stuffed chile peppers) uses leftover chicken as stuffing.
The filling usually consists of only cheese (making them ideal for vegetarians or people abstaining from meat during Lent, for example), but actually can be almost anything. Transfer the chile relleno to the rack set over the baking sheet, season with salt, and place in the oven to keep warm. Serve immediately, passing the remaining salsa on the side. You can have Chiles Rellenos using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chiles Rellenos
- It’s 12 of Chile poblanos.
- It’s 2.5 LBS of Ground beef.
- You need 4 of Large Carrots.
- You need 4 of Medium Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Medium Yellow Onion.
- It’s 2 of Jalapeños.
- Prepare 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 12 of Eggs Seperated.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Tomato Buillon.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Pepper.
- You need 2 of Medium Tomatoes.
- It’s of Oil For Frying.
Rice and beans, for serving, if desired Heat grill to medium. Grill and char the chiles on both sides. Chiles rellenos are a popular cuisine in the U. S. state of New Mexico, where the Hatch chile is revered for its slender (rather than round) shape and medium-to-hot flavor.
Chiles Rellenos instructions
- Once ground beef is sauteed a little, add water. Mix in cubed carrots then potatoes when it's almost done add onion, Jalapeños, And Tomatoes..
- Drain food when it's done. Add 1/4 cup of water..
- Return food to pan then add Tomato Buillon, salt, garlic powder, and pepper..
- Cut a line in the middle of each poblano Pepper, and take out all of the seeds.
- Char Chile poblanos, then peel skin off..
- Stuff each pepper with food that you made before. Close up with toothpicks..
- Throw poblano Pepper in flour, make sure it is well coated..
- Whisk egg whites untill you stuff peaks, then add yolks (I do two at a time, because they deflate quickly).
- Coat floured pepper in the egg.
- Fry stuffed coated pepper. Enjoy !.
S., rellenos are typically served with red or green chile sauce or mole. Variations, which can be seen based on regional tastes or experimentation, include: Chile relleno is a chile pepper that is stuffed, battered, and fried. The original chile relleno was often stuffed with meat. In current Mexican cuisine, chile rellenos are typically stuffed with cheese and served with a tomato based sauce. Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.