Chorizo and Cheese Chowder. Place lid on pot and remove from heat or keep warm over very low heat or in steamwell. While soup is heating, place chorizo crumbles and water into a skillet. Place a lid on skillet and heat until water has evaporated and crumbles are heated through.
Then blot excess oil on a paper towel and keep warm on low heat until ready to serve. Taste the chowder and add additional salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the chowder into bowls, and top with chorizo. You can cook Chorizo and Cheese Chowder using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chorizo and Cheese Chowder
- It’s 1 lb of California Chorizo.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of jalapeños seeds and stems removed and diced.
- You need 1 of carrot skin removed and diced.
- Prepare 6 of medium Russet potatoes skinned and chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper chopped.
- You need 1 of red pepper chopped.
- Prepare 3 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 8 oz of cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz of half and half.
Add cream cheese and pepperjack and continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted through. Turn off heat and add cream and cilantro and stir to combine. Great with cornbread! 🙂 Return chorizo to pan and stir in corn and broth. Remove the paper from the chorizo and then small-dice the chorizo.
Chorizo and Cheese Chowder instructions
- Cook chorizo and onion. Add carrot and jalapeños until sautéed..
- Add potatoes and peppers. Cook until the potatoes are half done..
- Add chicken broth and herb. Cook on slow boil until the potatoes are soft..
- Use an emulsion blender to break down the constancy to what you like..
- Add cheese and reduce heat. Once cheese is incorporated and the pot cools off some add the dairy..
Peel and dice the red bell pepper. Peel the potatoes and dice into bite-sized cubes. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl of cold water. Cook the Chorizo: To a soup pot, add the chorizo and turn the heat to medium. Leave some cooked chorizo to garnish the final dish.