Turkish lentil soup. A soup course is regularly present at the beginning of most Turkish meals and this red lentil soup is perhaps the most favored. It's quick to make, cheap, and filling. A wonderful all-purpose soup, it is great any time of the year and is also a wonderful soup to feed to those who are sick.
Stock: Either vegetable or chicken stock — whichever you prefer. The creamiest Turkish lentil soup you've ever had, oddly made without even a drop of cream! This soup is vegetarian-friendly, loaded with veggies, and so comforting. You can have Turkish lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish lentil soup
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 1 large of potato.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of salcha.
- Prepare 150 grams of red lentils.
- It’s 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning black pepper and salt to your taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of enough hot water to cover.
- It’s 1 of if you dont have salcha which is pepper paste just use tomato paste and add a small bit more chilli.
Naturally gluten-free and can easily be made vegan! Another delectable entry for the Zaar World Tour from the enticing World Vegetarian Cookbook by Madhur Jaffrey. Turkish red lentil soup is filling, nutritious, packed with fibre, protein and vegetables, with just the right amount of lemon and spice. Turkish red lentil soup or mercimek çorbası (meyr-ju-MEK' chor-BAH- su') is a popular hearty soup, especially during the winter months.
Turkish lentil soup step by step
- in a pot place add the oil then chopped onion. at a medium heat sautee them and add salcha chopped carrots and chopped potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. add the washed and drained red lentils, seasoning and hot water and stock cube. stir well. cook on a low heat for 30-45 minutes..
- at the end add pepper and chilli flakes and butter and mix in..
- take pot off the heat and blend with a soup blender until smooth..
- my husband squeezes lemon over it when eating i personally dont but add if its to your taste. ENJOY.
It's also an important part of breaking the daily fast during the month of Ramadan. Easy Turkish Red Lentil Soup with carrots, turkish spices, red lentils. Since the soup gets blended, the veggies can be chopped roughly to save time. And, most importantly, Turkish red lentil soup tastes great! Turkish Red Lentil Soup Recipe – Kırmızı Mercimek Çorbası.