Cabbage soup. Healing Cabbage Soup "SO easy and delicious. I use diced tomato with chili pepper. In a large pot (or dutch oven) over medium heat, heat olive oil.
Add bouillon, salt, pepper, beef and tomato sauce. German-Style Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage Soup. Cabbage is like that; it can outlast almost any other vegetable. You can have Cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage soup
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 of large carrot, diced.
- You need 1 of large head cabbage, chopped.
- Prepare 2 (48 Oz) of box or can Swanson chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper each or to taste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 of potatoes, diced.
- You need 1 packages (14 oz.) of smoked sausage or kielbasa sliced.
Now even if all you have in your fridge is some cabbage, there are only a few more pantry ingredients you need to make this easy, nourishing, and light cabbage soup. To make this simple cabbage soup you only need fresh cabbage, onions, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, and a few spices. There's a reason why the cabbage soup diet was once so popular-because cabbage adds a lot of volume without a lot of calories. Loaded with cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, tomato and plenty of seasoning, this healthy vegetable soup packs in lots of flavor and is ultra-satisfying.
Cabbage soup instructions
- Add flour and cabbage, cabbage will wilt down after about 8 to 10 minutes..
- Melt butter over medium heat, add onion and carrot. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add spices mix together..
- Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer. Taste for spices. Add more if needed. Also add the bay leaf..
- Simmer for about an hour when about 15 minutes left add the sausage. Enjoy!.
This easy recipe makes a big batch for lunches or veggie-packed snacks all week. If you want to bump up the satisfaction factor even more, top with a little cheese or avocado. Heat the oil in a casserole pot over a low heat. Add sausage to your cabbage soup to add rich and savory flavor. Get the recipe at Spicy Southern Kitchen.