Kielbasa and Potatoes. In a bigger frying pan I cooked the potatoes in a little bit of oil and butter to crisp them up a bit then I added the kielbasa. When the potatoes were almost tender I added the lightly sauteed veggies to the pan. I also added a little bit of beef broth to keep it moist and a few dashes of soy sauce.
Toss in peeled, cut potatoes and cook slightly to coat potatoes with juices. Add enough water to not quite cover potatoes. Cook until potatoes fall apart with fork and the liquid has thickened, stirring occasionally. You can cook Kielbasa and Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kielbasa and Potatoes
- It’s 1 packages of kielbasa.
- Prepare 6 of golden potatoes.
- You need 10 of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 small of yellow pepper.
- Prepare 1 small of red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of sliced onion.
- It’s 5 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
This Kielbasa and Potatoes Recipe is such a classic combination, that it is sure to become a family favorite. Yes, it is a simple smoked Polish sausage recipe, but many of the best dishes are simple. Of course, kielbasa and potatoes are such a natural pairing anyway. Kielbasa & Potatoes in Cheese Sauce The Midnight Baker.
Kielbasa and Potatoes instructions
- preheated oven to 400.
- clean potatoes and cut in cubes. toss with salt and pepper and olive oil. roast in oven for 50 mins..
- heat pan with olive oil and slice peppers, onion and mushrooms and garlic. add to pan and cook until peppers, mushrooms and onions caramelize. this can take 20 – 30 mind depending on the heat level, but so worth it..
- bring pot of water to boil, add kielbasa and cook for 7 mins. when done take out of water and cut into bite sizes when cool. set aside and cover..
- after potatoes cook for 50 mins, add pepper mixture and kielbasa and bake for another 20 mins or until to your liking..
- I served with bread and sauteed brussel sprouts..
- prepare to cook this dish for a total of 1 hour 10 mins. you must really fare about your company – you can't rush yummy dishes..
Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the kielbasa, cubed potatoes, salt, onions, garlic powder and olive oil. Toss to coat contents of bowl with the olive oil. Spread out on prepared baking sheet in a single layer if possible.