Vegetable samosa. To make the pastry, mix flour and salt into a bowl. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. These vegetable samosas are super easy.
Is this vegetable samosa recipe vegan? I have used filo pastry to make my samosa. Inside my vegan samosas is a spicy mixture of potato, carrot and peas. You can have Vegetable samosa using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable samosa
- Prepare 20 of manda pockets.
- It’s 2 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 glass of peas.
- Prepare 1 of big carrot.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of corriander.
- You need 2 of tablesspoon vegetable oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Enough oil for deep frying.
Get Vegetable Samosas Recipe from Food Network. Super Crispy Vegetable Samosas that are full of peas and potatoes and infused with just enough spices and heat. Ever since I made this east African chapatti, I have been dying to make vegan samosas – African Style, if there is such a way of making it. Mix the spring onion, potato, carrot, peas and korma paste together in a bowl.
Vegetable samosa instructions
- Peel potatoes and blanch.
- Blanch the peas with some salt then run on cold water to retain the green colour.
- Finely chop the potatoes, carrots, onion and corriander.
- Sautee the onion add Salt potatoes and carrots let them cook for a minute.
- Add peas and cook for another minute.
- Add corriander and turn off the heat.
- When the vegetables have completely cooled stuff them in the pockets and deep fry in medium hot oil untill golden brown.
- Enjoy them hot.
Spoon in the filling, brush the exposed dough with a little water, then fold over and press to seal. Place onto the prepared baking tray, then repeat with the remaining ingredients, keeping the samosas covered with a damp tea towel as you go. How to Store and Re-heat Leftover Samosa. I usually place them in an airtight container and refrigerate. Vegetable Samosa Pie – Everything you love about Samosas…in giant pie form!