Dill leaves Rice. Today's dish, Dill leaves Rice / Sabsige Soppu Chitranna is very tasty, quick and easy to make and a perfect lunch box option. It can be made in festivals too without adding onion. Apt dish to empty off leftover rice.
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. sabsige soppu pulav recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. dill leaves recipes are popular in india and is termed with different names. it is known as savaa in hindi, sabbasige soppu in kannada, soa-kura in telugu, soa in punjabi, suva in gujarati and shepu in marathi. dill leaves are also used to prepared dry curries with potatoes and. Dill leaves recipe with lentils & tempering spices. You can have Dill leaves Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dill leaves Rice
- You need 1 cup of rice (basmati).
- It’s 2 cup of chopped dill leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion cut in fine slices.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 of tomato finely chopped (I used green tomato).
- You need 2 of green chillies slits.
- You need 2-3 of cloves.
- Prepare 1-2 of small piece cinnamon.
- You need 4-5 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Dill is one of the most aromatic ancient herb that belongs to the celery family. It is used in pickles, salads, stews, soups and stir fry dishes. Apart from adding a distinctive flavor to the foods, dill leaves also provide lot of nutrients. From the ancient times dill has been used in many countries due to their medicinal properties.
Dill leaves Rice instructions
- Wash and soak rice for 20-30 minutes. Heat ghee, add bay leaves, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and saute for a few seconds..
- Add onions and start sauteing, then add ginger garlic paste..
- After onions are sauteed and become transperant, add chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Saute it till tomatoes become mushy and soft..
- Add carrots and potatoes and saute for while. Then add soaked rice and mix carefully with light hand..
- Now it's time to add dill leaves, mix well, add 2 cups of water (1:2 ratio),add salt, mix well and pressure cook it for 2 whistles on medium flame..
- Our aromat rice dish is ready to serve. Separate rice grains with fork and serve with curd or raita..
Add the slit green chilli and sauté for few seconds and then add the chopped dill leaves. Add the turmeric powder and salt required for the dill leaves. Add the rice, salt and mix well. Dill rice is ready; Serving Suggestion. Serve the dill rice hot with plain curd or.