Vegetable Broth Soup. I made a batch today and it was by far the BEST broth I've ever tried. It took a little extra time than a normal vegetable broth does to make (due to roasting the vegetables) but the result is so rich in flavor—I can't see myself using my old broth recipe ever again. To make this hearty vegetable broth soup, simply chop up all the veggies and place them in a large stockpot or Dutch oven.
Plan ahead and save things like broccoli stalks, onion ends, celery ends, carrot tops, kale stems, collard stems, and potato peels for your vegetable broth. This homemade vegetable broth is hearty enough to enjoy alone as soup and works perfectly as a replacement to boxed stock in your favorite recipes. Roasting is the secret for rich and hearty vegetable broth. You can cook Vegetable Broth Soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Broth Soup
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- Prepare 1/2 of cupCauliflower.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Zucchini.
- It’s 7-8 pieces of Beans.
- You need 3-4 pods of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 of small piece of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Boiled potato.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2" of small piece of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare To taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
When seasoned well, we find this veggie broth just as satisfying as bone broth. Combine all ingredients, except for the chopped parsley, in a pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Vegetable broth made easy with the help of your multi-functional pressure cooker.
Vegetable Broth Soup step by step
- Boil all the veggies (except potato) in an open pan.add a stick of cinnamon, bay leaf Add little salt.
- Let them boil till they are little tender but make sure they don't lose their crunch..
- Strain the veggies once they are done, but don't throw the water..
- Pick all big chunks of veggies and separate them from some pieces of veggies if they get little mashed up Churn the mashed pieces (remove bay leaf & cinnamon) but with ginger & garlic..
- Now mix vegetable broth with it and blend once..
- Take olive oil in a pan, add cumin & black pepper. Add soup and let it boil for a while. Serve in a bowl and garish with coriander leaves and lemon juice..
- Veggies too can be sautéed in olive oil or butter along with boiled potatoes (cut lengthwise).
- Squeeze lemon and add black pepper to it..
- Can add mushrooms or other veggies of your liking.
No need to stand watch over a stove when you can throw it all in and go using this method. The best part is that you know exactly what went into it and also that you can use vegetables that are getting old and in need of using. Many recipes touting to be vegetable soup actually contain chicken or beef stock as a base, but this recipe uses vegetable broth, making it a true vegetable soup that any vegetarian or vegan can enjoy. Cauliflower, zucchini, and green beans work well in this soup but feel free to adjust the vegetables (and the quantities) depending on what is in your fridge. These ingredients add umami flavor and depth to broth," she says.