Pappu Biyyam/Lentils Rice. Pappu Biyyam Pappu Biyyam translates to lentils rice. This is a very healthy one pot meal from Telangana cuisine. Pappu Biyyam is a saviour especially on a busy/lazy day.
This is served with any South Indian pickle along with plain curd. Pappu Biyyam Pappu Biyyam translates to lentils rice. This is a very healthy one pot meal from Telangana cuisine. You can have Pappu Biyyam/Lentils Rice using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pappu Biyyam/Lentils Rice
- It’s 1 cup of Rice:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Toor dal: Half cup.
- It’s 2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of Green chillies.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 4 cups of Water (approximately ).
- You need Bunch of Coriander leaves: Small.
- Prepare of Tempering:.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil:.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ghee:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard seeds:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds:.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Asafoetida:.
- Prepare 2 of Red chillies.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
Pappu Biyyam is a saviour especially on a busy/lazy day. Tempering is done and veggies are sautéed. Lentils and rice are cooked together for a tasty dish. This is served with any So.
Pappu Biyyam/Lentils Rice instructions
- Heat small pressure of 3 litres capacity and pour oil for tempering. Add cumin and mustard seeds. When mustard splutter, add curry leaves, broken red chillies and a pinch of asafoetida..
- Sauté well and add chopped onion pieces. Add a pinch of salt and sauté till onions turn into translucent. Now add chopped carrot, coriander leaves and potato pieces. Sauté them for two minutes..
- Rinse once toor dal and rice with water. Drain the excess water and add rice, toor dal to the sautéed veggies. Also add 4 cups of water, required amount of salt and chopped coriander leaves. keep the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium flame. Allow the pressure to settle on it's own..
- Now open the lid of the pressure cooker., lentils rice is ready to serve..
- Transfer the Pappu Biyyam/lentils rice onto a serving plate and serve hot with any pickle and plain curd. Delicious!.
This is a typical dish prepared onl. More information Indian Chana Dal Rice – in a rice cooker this is absolutely easy,one cup dal and two cup basmati rice,olive oil, garlic, onion, ginger,chives,some cilantro and its done. 'Pappu' means dal in telugu and 'Biyyam' means rice,so if you combine both it literally means 'Dal Rice'. This is a typical dish prepared only in the Telangana region of Andhra. My parents used to stay in Khammam for several years before I was born,which comes under Telangana region and that is where my mom has learnt this from her neighbor. She used to do it occasionally and some how my brother.