Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes. Heat a frying pan until hot, then add half the butter. Remove meat from the pan and set aside. Add butter, mushrooms, onions and garlic into the pan, season them with salt and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to develop some color.
Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground black pepper. You can cook Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes
- You need 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pounds of beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp. of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of fresh sliced chives.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Sautéed potatoes for serving.
Heat a separate frying pan and add the remaining butter. Add the brandy and carefully allow to flambé in. Stir in sour cream, chives and serve over sautéed potatoes. To serve, place two spoonfuls of the sautéed potatoes onto each plate and spoon equal portions of the beef stroganoff alongside.
Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes step by step
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your pan over high heat and add oil. Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, for 5-6 minutes, or until liquid evaporates and meat is browned. Remove meat from the pan and set aside..
- Add butter, mushrooms, onions and garlic into the pan, season them with salt and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to develop some color. Stir in flour and cook for about 1 minute..
- Stir in 3 cups of stock and add your beef. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook on low heat for about 1 hour or until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened. Stir in sour cream, chives and serve over sautéed potatoes..
Beef Stroganoff (also spelled Stroganov) is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with sour cream. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Add the sliced shallots to the pan and re-add the potatoes, season with course sea salt and freshly crushed black pepper. Being of Norwegian descent, I really don't know how this Russian beef stroganoff came into the family. For a wintertime comfort food this is the best.