Beef Burgundy Soup. Add the oil to a soup pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Bake rolls as directed on bag. Julia would have called it 'Bœuf Bourguignon' (pronounced like this) or perhaps even 'Boeuf à la Bourguignonne'.
Bacon is sautéed until crisp, then removed from the pan to produce the initial cooking fat. The beef is seared in the bacon drippings. Return beef and any accumulated juices to the pot and add stock; bring to a boil. You can have Beef Burgundy Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Burgundy Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Beef, cubed.
- You need of AP flour.
- Prepare of Salt/Pepper.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- It’s 2 of yellow onions, julienne.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, diced.
- Prepare 3 of celery sticks, diced.
- It’s 2 T of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 c of Dry red wine.
- Prepare 3 of Q beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 c of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 of russet potatoes, 1/4" dice (Optional).
- Prepare to taste of salt/pepper.
Discard bay leaf and stir in vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed. Rich with meat and vegetables, this hearty and versatile riff on Boeuf Bourguignon will satisfy all season long. From first bite to last slurp, you won't be able to get enough of this French bistro-style soup, made entirely in one pot.
Beef Burgundy Soup instructions
- Take your dutch oven and put it on high heat with the canola oil. You want that oil really hot, just when it starts smoking.
- In the mean time, after dicing your beef, toss it with a little All Purpose flour along with salt and pepper to season the meat..
- Shake off the excess flour and drop the beef cubes into the ditch oven. Caramelize all sides to a little golden brown. If the pot dried up, add a little more oil, if needed..
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pot and add your mirepoix (Onion, carrot, celery). Sautee with the drippings until the water in the vegetables is evaporated and the onions turn clear. Add your garlic and stir for a couple until thoroughly incorporated..
- After the vegetables are nice and browned, add the red wine. Stir constantly to remove all the flavorful drippings on the pan into the soup. Reduce the wine by half and add your beef stock. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer..
- Add the beef into the mix, Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, and thyme. Also add the potatoes if youre using them. Simmer until the beef is cooked to a tender and the herbs are infused. If youre using raw potatoes, i would cook until the potatoes are al dente..
- And thats it! Some like a dab of creme fraiche on top, others like shredded cheese, like Comte or Grana Padana. Enjoy!.
A classic and hearty recipe for beef bourguignon soup, reinvented and made easier by using the slow cooker. You sure did leave a huge impression on this world. I've learned so much in such a short time. I tackled creamy, easy and perfect. Season beef with salt and pepper.