Grandma’s Famous Menudo. Great recipe for Grandma's Famous Menudo. I confuse Filipino Menudo and Mechado all the time. Grandma says the size of the meat is smaller. (?) This one has raisins?
This hearty stew is a meal in itself with tender beef tripe and Mexican-style hominy combined in a red chile broth. A menudo es una locución adverbial que se refiere a la realización de algo de forma periódica o repetitiva. It is stewed in a tomato based Pork Menudo is the number one on the list of my comfort. You can have Grandma’s Famous Menudo using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandma’s Famous Menudo
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes; diced.
- It’s 1 of small onion; diced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- It’s 2 of lbs. pork butt; cut in half inch chunks.
- It’s 3 of Yukon gold potatoes; cut in half inch chunks (same size as pork).
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 box of raisins.
- You need 1 can of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of sliced green bell pepper.
My Nana (may she RIP) took so much pride in her meals and I was fortunate enough to learn many of her techniques. Time consuming But I have made some things easy. Grandma says the size of the meat is smaller. (?) This one has raisins? We store it in the fridge for a quick meal 🙂 Grandma's Famous Menudo.
Grandma’s Famous Menudo instructions
- Sauté the shit out of the first 3 ingredients in a pan of oil on medium heat. Tomatoes should be wilted, onions translucent, and fragrant. This takes a good 6-7 mins..
- Meanwhile, marinate the pork butt in soy sauce. Put just enough to coat all the meat. See grandpa below:.
- Add juice of half a lemon. See grandma & grandpa below:.
- Sauté in a pan of oil on med-high heat until the liquid is absorbed. Cover. See annoying sister below:.
- Cut up some potatoes in the same.5in size as the meat. Fry these up in a separate pan until slightly brown..
- Add in some black pepper, the pre-sautéed tomato onion garlic mixture (about 1.5 cups worth), and half a can of tomato paste. Sauté..
- Dump in a whole can of beef broth and simmer until the meat is tender. ~15 more mins..
- Drop in a handful of raisins, some bell pepper (not pictured).. and thassss it! Serve with a bed of white rice. Love you Grandma; thank you for the recipes 🙂 Enjoy!.
Grandma says the size of the meat is smaller. (?) This one has raisins? See recipes for Chicken Menudo, Menudo, Grandma's Famous Menudo too. Grandma says the size of the meat is smaller. (?) This one has raisins? It was horse, and it was delicious. To Prepare Menudo: Drain tripe and rinse well.