Pork Caldereta. Pork Kaldereta is a Filipino tomato based stew dish. It is composed of cubed pork ham or belly, potato, carrots, tomato sauce, liver spread and other vegetables. This version of kaldereta is the pork version of the well known beef kaldereta.
Just a bit of difference in ingredients and vegetables. The Kaldereta (Caldereta) is another favorite among Filipinos though it did not really originate in the Philippines. Filipino style recipe: pork caldereta or kalderetang baboy is another tomato-based dish and commonly served by Filipinos. You can have Pork Caldereta using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Caldereta
- Prepare 1 kg of lean pork cut into cubes.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 500 ml of rice washings.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen green peas.
- It’s 85 g of liver spread.
- You need 1 of beef cube.
- Prepare 100 g of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sliced red chilli, or to liking.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of red bell peppper.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced olives.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of capers.
This is similar to beef caldereta and Beef Caldereta with beef cubes simmered to perfect tenderness in a spicy tomato sauce. Chockfull of potatoes, bell peppers, and green olives, this classic Filipino stew is hearty, tasty, and perfect for family dinners and special occasions. Beef Caldereta is a Filipino Kaldereta Recipe that uses beef. Caldereta or Kaldereta is a classic filipino dish in which every filipino household has its own version in cooking this recipe.
Pork Caldereta step by step
- Heat the oil and pan fry the pork until they turn a bit brown..
- Add the onion and garlic and sautee for 3 minutes..
- Add the rice washing and let simmer until meat is cooked..
- Add the potatoes and carrots and green peas. Mix and simmer for 5 mins..
- Stir in the liver spread, beef cube, tomato paste, black pepper, salt and red chilli..
- Put the remaining ingredients and let simmer for another 5 mins..
- Serve hot over steamed rice. Enjoy!.
Caldereta can be cooked with pork, goat, beef or chicken and stewed in tomatoes but the most exotic and traditional of the kaldereta is the goat kaldereta recipe. Calderetang baboy is the pork version of the famous Filipino Caldereta dish. Although the dish is usually cooked using beef as the main protein ingredient, we should not be limited by it. This pork version is as good as its beef counterpart. Chicken meat, whether bone-in or boneless, can also be used using this recipe if desired.