Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans. Great recipe for Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans. Another Portuguese classic that momma bear used to make for the family (she still does when I visit) it's spicy, warm, flavourful,healthy. I could go on and on. its just plain delish and super easy!
Add All-spice, red pepper, tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. This recipe is well known to Portuguese families. Linguica is a spicy Portuguese sausage and can be found in specialty markets, some chain markets or online at such places as Gaspars.com. You can cook Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans
- It’s 1 of Smoke Portuguese Linguica sausage,chopped in large 1 inch pieces.
- It’s 3 of large potatoes, skin removed and diced medium-large pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, sliced super thin (or minced).
- Prepare 1 of can diced tomatoes (796 ml).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Portuguese Pimenta pepper (or .5tsp cayenne and .5tsp paprika) *or more if you like it a lil spicier*.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 3 cup of Fresh green beans (ends removed and cut in half).
- Prepare of water (enough to just cover everything).
This makes it more like a stew and thicker. He is still working to perfect the recipe! And someone shared her prepared Portuguese beans and linguica with me recently. Let me see how my dad's recipe compares!
Portuguese Linguica and Green Beans step by step
- In a pot, heat olive oil and Sautee onion and garlic until translucent..
- Add your chorico, Portuguese pepper (or cayenne and paprika mix) and tomato paste. Cook 2 min..
- Add your potatoes and diced tomatoes (including liquid). Cook 5 min..
- Add just enough water to cover everything. Bring to boil and cook over medium heat for about 15-20 min until the potatoes are about 3/4 cooked. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add your green beans, let everything come to boil and cook until potatoes are done and green beans are cooked but still a tad crisp (you can cook until green beans don't have crispness, but it's always nice when fresh veggies retain their crunch).
- Serve with Portuguese buns for dipping or any crusty bread (I could literally drink this soup/stew broth!).
- NOTE/Optional: when you add the green beans you could also Crack an egg on top.. the spicy liquid will cook the egg through and it's yumm-o !.
Cooking Steps: Soak beans overnight or use the hot soak method. Now, add the raw green beans and keep turning them over until they are all coated. Season with the salt and pepper and serve immediately. The Best Portuguese Beans Recipes on Yummly Cook like a Pro Make dinner tonight, get skills for a.