Spicy Veggie Soup. A soup that hits the spot no matter what time of year. You can add as many types of vegetable as you like. Cooking the raw vegetables with the oil and spices before you add any type of broth intensifies the flavor of the soup.
This spicy, bursting-with-flavour soup can be made with whatever veggies you have lurking in the crisper and pantry. My favourite combination of veggies is broccoli (rich in immune-boosting vitamin C), butternut squash, carrots, and frozen green beans, and I've detailed the amounts I use in my recipe below. Spicy Thai Vegetable Soup Spicy Thai Vegetable Soup. You can cook Spicy Veggie Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Veggie Soup
- It’s 2 can of chicken broth (you can use vegetable stock).
- It’s 2 medium of potatoes cut into bite-sized chunks.
- You need 1 small of diced onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped kale.
- It’s 1 can of drained and rinsed white beans.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of died oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to your preference).
- You need 2 cup of chopped spinach.
- You need 1 of (Optional) chopped basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty and satisfying soup full of browned ground beef, potatoes, and vegetables in a wonderful tomato broth. This recipe makes a big batch and it reheats and freezes well. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. This Spicy Vegetarian Cabbage Soup recipe is chock-full of healthy veggies, it's naturally vegan and gluten-free, and so hearty and delicious.
Spicy Veggie Soup instructions
- Preheat your oil in a pot and sautee your diced onions and potatoes just until the onions start to turn translucent.
- When your onions turn translucent, add your tomato paste, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, and oregano. Cook and stir for about a minute..
- Pour in your chicken broth and water. Let your soup simmer for about twenty minutes or until the potatoes are almost knife-tender..
- Add in the drained beans, kale, spinach, and basil. Cook until the greens are just wilted..
- Adjust for seasoning, and you're done! Serve with crusty Italian bread and grated parmesan! :).
Feel free to make it as mild or knock-your-socks-off spicy as you'd like. In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender. Spicy Vegetable Soup – The Secret Ingredient. The secret ingredient in this easy spicy vegetable soup is Old Bay Seasoning. If you're from Baltimore, Maryland or an eastern shore native then chances are you're intimately familiar with Old Bay.