Cuban Picadillo. Picadillo, and practically all Cuban bean dishes are cooked into a "sofrito". A sofrito consists of a can of tomato sauce, an equal amount of water, garlic, onions, salt, and whatever herbs you prefer (typical cuban food uses a lot of oregano and I like to add cumin and a laurel leaf to my picadillo). There is a Cuban restaurant in the Miami Airport called La Carreta.
Stir in tomato sauce, olives, raisins and vinegar; bring to a boil. Wonderful Cuban recipe for one of the best meat dishes there is. I used to eat at this great mom and pop Cuban restaurant in my town and unfortunately they closed down. You can have Cuban Picadillo using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cuban Picadillo
- It’s 1 of potato (russet).
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 can of canned tomatos.
- You need 3/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 1/2 can of green olives.
- You need 1/2 cup of rasins.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
This was the closest I could get to their wonderful recipe ! Picadillo is a Cuban-style hash made with ground pork, ground beef, or both. It's a simple, homestyle dish that relies on building layers of flavor and texture from the addition of briny green olives, capers, and raisins. Traditionally, picadillo is served with white rice, but if that's one too many starch for your tastes, feel free to omit the.
Cuban Picadillo step by step
- Peel and cut potato into half inch cubes and sautee on skillet until brown and crispy. Set aside..
- Dice onion and sautee on skillet until clear..
- Dice bell pepper and add to onion mixture..
- Add crushed garlic and cook until all three are cooked. Set aside..
- Put ground beef with on skillet and cook well. Add spices and keep stirring. Once cooked, drain oil and add veggie mix..
- Add white wine and let liquid reduce..
- Add canned tomatoes with juice and let reduce again..
- Add rasins and quartered olives. Let raisins absorb some of the moisture..
- Add potatoes and serve..
It's ground beef with tomato, green pepper, green olives and plenty of garlic. I love to cook and entertain and I almost always make Cuban food when we have company. People are usually surprised that even the simplest food is so flavorful. This is a dish I grew up eating as a kid, and I always loved when my Mom was making it. My friends also loved eating over on nights picadillo was on the menu.