Awesome sweet potato soup. You'll be surprised at the taste of this rich and cheesy easy potato soup. It really is the best potato soup recipe, ever. I came up with it after enjoying baked potato soup at one of our favorite restaurants.
I like this warm, and the pepitas, peanuts, and parsley garnish add an interesting touch. The creaminess depends upon whether there is coconut milk in the soup or not, but I like it either way. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Here's a really simple recipe for the most awesome roasted beets ever: Pomegranate Glazed Beets. Here are the healing powers of some of the ingredients in this beet sweet potato soup recipe: Beets are SO good for you. You can cook Awesome sweet potato soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Awesome sweet potato soup
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato, diced.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon pinch chili.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry thyme.
- You need 3 TBSP of olive oil.
- Prepare 2/3 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2/3 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 400 ml of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 600 ml of water.
- You need 270 ml of coconut milk.
- You need to taste of salt and black pepper.
- You need 2 handfuls of cashews.
- You need of toppings: fresh herbs, toasted pumpkin seeds, cashews etc.
I try to find ways to fit them into my meals as much as possible. Add the rest of the ingredients (turmeric, smoked paprika, tomatoes, water, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, and cashews) and bring to a boil. The other main ingredient in our soup is sweet potato. The flavor combination of sweet potato and butternut squash is absolutely perfect.
Awesome sweet potato soup step by step
- Prepare and gather all your ingredients.
- Add the first set of ingredients (sweet potato,carrot, cumin, cinnamon, chili, thyme and olive oil) to a medium pot on medium heat and sautee for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring..
- Add the rest of the ingredients (turmeric, smoked paprika, tomatoes, water, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, and cashews) and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer covered for half hour..
- Allow the soup to cool a bit and then transfer to a blender and puree. Depending on the size of your blender jug, you might need to do this in two or three batches..
- Return the soup to the pot to warm up before serving, if needed. Serve with fresh herbs and toasted pumpkin seeds..
Similar in color and flavor profile, they accentuate each other perfectly while creating a rich and creamy texture. We don't use any cream in this recipe. We get all that awesome texture from this. Sweet Potato Soup is a creamy bowl of comfort food goodness! It's easy to make with the savory flavors of ginger and garlic.