Sweet potato frittata. Medium sweet potato (about ⅓ pound), chopped in rough ½-inch cubes Sweet Potatoes. They make it super filling and taste surprisingly delicious with eggs. Putting sweet potato in a frittata is like making a superfood version of a Spanish tortilla, which traditionally calls for white potatoes. (If you love sweet potatoes at breakfast, you'll love my Sweet Potato Hash.
We love sauteing down spinach because you pack so much healthy goodness in just a few bites. Plus, this freezes well too – perfect for a weekend brunch or to bring to a busy family. All your favorite breakfast flavors combined, for an out-of-this-world breakfast skillet frittata that is perfect for spring! You can cook Sweet potato frittata using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato frittata
- It’s 5 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 of medium sized Sweet potato.
- You need 1 of big Onion.
- You need 1 of small Tomato.
- You need 1/2 of of a red/green Capsicum.
- It’s 1-2 of fresh green or red Chillies.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh Coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Black pepper crush.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano (optional).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Coriander seeds (crushed).
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of grated cheese.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Breadcrumbs.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
Cook some veggies in a pan, add browned sausage and some whisked eggs, and you have a delicious breakfast that is also easy and nutritious. I believe that breakfast foods should be simple. For a delicious, filling and healthy lunch try these Sweet Potato Frittata Slices. Super easy to make and perfect for the whole family!
Sweet potato frittata step by step
- Take 1 medium sized sweet potato, clean, rinse, peel and grate..
- Chop all the vegetables and herb..
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes..
- Heat olive oil and add in chopped onion and chilli..
- Saute for a minute and then add grated sweet potato..
- Saute for another minute and then add all the vegetables and herb..
- Stir and then add crushed coriander seeds, crushed black pepper, oregano, chilli flakes and salt. Give a good stir and remove from heat..
- Break and beat eggs in a bowl. Add salt, crushed black pepper, chilli flakes and salt to taste..
- Add in the sauteed vegetables to the egg mixture and mix well..
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle grated cheese, coriander leaves and breadcrumbs..
- Bake the frittata in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the top of the frittata becomes golden brown..
- Remove from oven, cut in triangle pieces, sprinkle some grated cheese and serve hot with some ketchup..
One of my most popular recipes over the past year has been these Broccoli & Cheese Frittata Fingers. I originally made them as easy finger food for weaning babies and toddlers but in reality our whole family now enjoys them as a delicious and nutritious lunch. This Sweet Potato Frittata with spinach and caramelized onion is a beautiful and nutritious breakfast. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chilli and potato, and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.