Potato curry. Great base curry, but it needs a bit of tweaking to make it perfect. Double all spices, add one chopped onion to saute pan, add one bunch chopped cilantro at the end, use either greek yogurt or coconut milk in place of regular yogurt, add a lot more peas (use petite ones for sweetest flavor), and most important: fry the cubed potatoes on high in a bit of oil BEFORE adding them to the pan (don. Add the curry powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin, allspice, ginger, salt, and pepper.
Serve with roti and yogurt for a fantastic weeknight dinner. Potatoes: Peel potatoes and slice into chunks. Parboil the potatoes in salted water then drain and set aside. You can have Potato curry using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato curry
- It’s 1/2 kg of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of Onions.
- You need 3 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Capsicum 1finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 6 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tbs of black pepper crushed.
- You need of Turmeric.
Make a warming potato curry recipe for a filling family meal or a special supper. Try spicy Bombay potatoes, a roasted aloo gobi or a simple one-pot. I think this curry would be very good too with spinach in it, instead of the peas, although its great as it is! ps. Cut the potatoes in small cubes, the way we did, if you want to cook it faster.
Potato curry instructions
- First boil your potatoes and set aside.
- In a pan add oil then put your cloves,garlic and pepper. Sautee till its aromatic.
- Now add your onions and fry don't let it turn brown..
- Now add tomatoes,turmeric and capsicum.
- Let it cook till its thick then add your potatoes and some salt to taste..
- Simmer and cook for 5min garnish with Dania..
Cook the potato curry on a low to medium heat setting. Potatoes are root-based starches that thicken up and soften up more easily when cooked on low heat. Potato curry or aloo curry recipe with stovetop & instant pot instructions. Simple, easy & quick to make delicious & flavorful potato curry. This is one of the most basic Indian curry recipes that even a newbie can try.