Authentic Iranian Dish: Cinnamon-Scented Tomato Rice Pilaf. Great recipe for Authentic Iranian Dish: Cinnamon-Scented Tomato Rice Pilaf. My Iranian friend taught me this recipe. I was stunned when I tasted this for the first time!
This "Persian Rice" recipe is how rice is prepared in Iran. I will add the following notes: (i) rinsing the starch out of the rice is of paramount importance and is usually done by swishing the rice around in a bowl of water and draining several times until the rinse water is clear (described as "rinsed rice" in this recipe, and shown as water running over rice in a sieve in the video); (ii. Lemon scented rice and tuna, with salad. cookpad.japan. You can have Authentic Iranian Dish: Cinnamon-Scented Tomato Rice Pilaf using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Iranian Dish: Cinnamon-Scented Tomato Rice Pilaf
- It’s 250 ml of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 100 grams of Minced beef.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- You need 250 ml of A. Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 6 of Green beans.
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
Poached Peaches Scented with Lemon Verbena.. I was stunned when I tasted this for the first time! I tried making it after I was taught the recipe. Iranian or Persian cuisine has introduced some marvelous dishes of all time.
Authentic Iranian Dish: Cinnamon-Scented Tomato Rice Pilaf step by step
- Finely chop the onion. Parboil the green beans and cut into 1 cm-long pieces..
- Heat some olive oil in a pot and sauté the onion. Once browned, add the minced beef..
- When the beef is cooked, add the water. Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat..
- Cook the basmati rice until al dente. Slice the potatoes into 1 cm-wide pieces..
- Pour some olive oil in a separate pot. Line the potatoes on the bottom. Place the rice, minced beef, and cinnamon on top. Repeat twice..
- Turn the heat on. Once it comes to a simmer, cover the pot, and steam for 15 minutes. Mix the rice as you dish it up. Serve with some potatoes..
- This salad is great as a side dish. It's just diced cucumber, onion, and tomato seasoned with lemon juice and salt..
- Here, I switched the green beans to lots of cabbage, and sautéed it with onion..
- I had this rice pilaf at my Iranian friend's place..
- Here's an even simpler, easier version of this recipe..
Besides rice, vegetables, and fruits, spices like saffron, mahleb, cardamom and green herbs play an important role. Called Tachin or Tahchin, this baked Persian Saffron Rice is crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. It's seasoned enough to eat plain but terrific paired with even heavily spiced mains. Brought to you in partnership with Farmers Union Greek Yogurt. Our best traditional Persian recipes include elaborate rice dishes with tahdig, the crispy, golden crust at the bottom of the pot, meaty soups and stews, and Iranian rice cookies and almond cake.