Aloo paratha. Aloo Paratha is North India's favourite breakfast. This filling and tasty dish is best served with chutney, curry, curd or raita and loads of butter, which makes Punjabi aloo Paratha a divine indulgence! When made just right, Indian aloo paratha is matchless in taste. 'aloo' is the hindi word for potatoes and 'paratha' means an unleavened stuffed flatbread.
In my home, gobi paratha and aloo paratha are winners all the time. To cook paratha, pour ¼ cup vegetable oil in a small bowl. Heat a medium skillet over medium. You can cook Aloo paratha using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aloo paratha
- It’s of For dough.
- Prepare 100 g of atta.
- Prepare 100 g of maida or all purpose flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of tspn sugar.
- It’s 2 of tblspn oil or ghee.
- You need of Water as required (lukewarm water).
- You need of For stuffing.
- You need 2 of medium sized potato peeled and boiled.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tspn minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of tspn minced ginger.
- It’s 1 of green chilli chopped.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- It’s 1 of small tomato chopped.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Aloo paratha are Indian breakfast flatbreads made with whole wheat flour, mashed potatoes, spices & herbs. These flavorful and delicious stuffed parathas are a staple in many North Indian households. These are most commonly topped with white butter and served alongside pickle and yogurt. Aloo paratha is a whole wheat flatbread which is stuffed with spicy mashed potatoes.
Aloo paratha step by step
- Mean while take the boiled potato and smash it. Then in an karahi add little oil..
- In a mixing bowl take the atta, all purpose flour (maida),oil, salt and sugar then mix well. Add little water at a time and make a soft dough. Knead for 5 mins and then keep it aside by covering it with a samp cloth..
- Add the green chilli and garlic then sauteed for 20 sec then add the chopped onion and tomato. Stir well. Add salt to taste then add the smashed potato and mix well..
- Give the dough a quick knead and divide it into equal portion..
- Take a ball, flatten the balls with the help of your palm then add some potato mixture and seal it by gathering from sides..
- Coat the dough with some flour and flattern it with the halp of a rolling pin. Make sure the filling is distributed evenly..
- Heat a tawa,add one paratha. Flip it after 1 mins and then add little oil on the top. Keep flipping untill it become golden brown and well cooked..
- Once done, remove from the tawa and serve with raita or any other side dish of your choice..
It's usually enjoyed with butter, yogurt or pickle. My aloo paratha is nothing fancy, it's a basic simple recipe which is made in every household in India. on both sides till brown spots appear on both sides and is crisp. Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make more parathas. Serve aloo paratha hot with fresh homemade curds or lassi and pickle.