Pav Bhaji. This is a very popular recipe in India, liked by almost everyone. You may have to go to a nearby Asian Indian store to get the 'Pav Bhaji Masala' that is the special spice to bring the flavor (Masala means spice). Bhaji is the vegetables cooked with spice.
Pav Bhaji Recipe – About Pav Bhaji Recipe Pav Bhaji Masala Recipe: Pav Bhaji is one of the most popular Indian snacks, specially in Maharashtra. It is a delicious combination of different vegetables cooked and mashed together. You can cook Pav Bhaji using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- It’s 3 of Potatoes Peeled.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Green Chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Capsicum.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Green Peas.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of Pav Bhaji Masala.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Chopped.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing).
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare as per Taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Dinner Rolls.
This is one dish, loved by people of all ages and cooked with different variations in different households. Pav Bhaji is the smartest way to have all the healthy. Pav bhaji is a fast food dish from state of Maharashtra , India. It consists of a thick vegetable curry served with a soft bread roll.
Pav Bhaji step by step
- Take Potatoes, Half Green Peas and Cabbage in Pressure Cooker. Add around 1 and 1/2 Cup of water and 1 tsp Turmeric and Pinch of Pav Bhaji Masala. And give 4 whistle to it. Then strain out all the stock. And mash cooked vegetables well. Dont discart stock. We will use it in coming steps..
- Make a fine puree of Tomatoes, Green Chilli, Ginger Garlic, Curry Leaves.
- Now heat 1 tsp of oil and saute Green Peas, sliced Mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Cook it until all water from mushrooms evaporates..
- Now in the same pan add 1/2 tbsp of oil and 1/2 tbsp of butter. And saute finely chopped onion and capsicum till it becomes golden brown..
- Then add made Tomato mixture. Also add Red Chilli Powder, Asafoetida, Turmeric and let it cook till mixture become slightly dry..
- Later add mashed Vegetables and mix it well with masalas. Add 1/2 cup of stock, sauteed Mushrooms and Green Peas, salt and Pav Bhaji masala. Let it cook for 5-8mins on low to medium flame..
- Serve Bhaji with chopped Onion, a teaspoon of butter, Little Lemon Juice. Eat it with Butter Pav..
Vegetables in the curry may include potatoes, onions, carrots, chillies, peas, bell peppers, beans and tomatoes. Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food. Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. We will make it in both Instant Pot and Stovetop Pressure Cooker. Try this one-pot Pav Bhaji recipe in the pressure cooker and you will not make it any other way again!