Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad. This Easy Egg Salad is your basic egg salad with relish recipe mixed with smashed chickpeas for a 'meatier', more filling and nutrient dense sandwich. Chickpea egg salad is a great make-ahead recipe to serve on toast for breakfast or as a sandwich or wrap for lunch. It's also delicious served on lettuce or tomato slices, or simply enjoy it by the spoonfuls.
Make this vegan version of the classic egg salad sandwich. This plant-based version uses chickpeas instead of eggs, vegan mayo, breadcrumbs and black salad along with all the other classic egg salad sandwich ingredients. Healthy chickpeas egg mayonnaise salad is rich in nutrition. You can have Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad
- You need 2 of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 1 bowl of chickpeas boiled.
- Prepare 1/2 bowl of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 bowl of Russian salad prepared with steamed beans, peas, carrots and potatoes mixed in mayonnaise.
- You need 1 bowl of mixed bell peppers- red, yellow and green.
- You need As needed of Salad pieces of cucumber, beet, and carrots.
- It’s 1 each of Chopped onions and tomatoes dipped in lemon juice with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare as needed of Coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard sauce.
In a large bowl, coarsely mash chickpeas with a fork. Add eggs and stir to combine. Stir in mayonnaise, green onions, capers, Dijon, salt and pepper. My original version was this veggie-filled variation that used half red lentils and half chickpeas for the base.
Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad instructions
- Firstly the boiled yellow portion that is yolk is sautéed in mustard sauce with pinch of mayonnaise. It tastes awesome.
- Boiled chickpeas, added chopped onions and tomatoes, sprinkled lemon juice with salt and black pepper. Garnished with coriander leaves.
- One part is of Russian salad which adds lots of nutritional ingredients.
- Layer one side of plate with shredded cabbage, bell peppers, sprinkled lemon juice. Over it some pieces of cucumber, carrots and beet root..
- Enjoy each and every bite of this nutritious salad..
That recipe has become one of our most popular recipes and it happened to win the Canadian Lentils Recipe Revelations Contest last year. Chickpea Egg Salad Variations: If you want to add some greens to bulk this up, I think peppery baby arugula would be great. If you want to add more protein, this would be great with salt cod (bacalao), smoked fish, grilled chicken or tuna. Although we love the flavor of thick, creamy egg salad (made with full-fat mayonnaise) just like Grandma's recipe, there are some occasions where you may need to make a few swaps. It's the perfect substitute for egg salad or chicken salad.