Vegetable gravy with coconut. Serve hot with rice, papad and onions. Mixed Vegetables in Coconut Gravy Video by Tarla Dalal Mulakootal Recipe is a very old, traditional Palakkad Brahmin recipe. It's a curry made from a combination of lentils and vegetables and coconut gravy.
There is keerai mulakootal made with lentils and spinach. Avial / Mixed Vegetables in Coconut Gravy. The moment you think of the term Coconut Gravy, you think of a gravy made of coconut milk or a paste of spices and coconut. You can cook Vegetable gravy with coconut using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable gravy with coconut
- You need Half of grated coconut.
- You need 7-8 of red chillies.
- You need 1 of potato.
- You need 100 grams of cauliflower.
- You need 100 gms of bottleguard.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 4-5 of sambhar onions.
- You need 100 gms of beans.
- It’s leaves of Curry.
- It’s 1 spoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 spoon of sambhar powder.
- It’s 1 spoon of chilli powder.
- You need 1 spoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 7-8 pieces of garlic.
- It’s Pinch of asafetida.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Oil.
This is a very different recipe, in which the gravy is made of coconut water and coconut meat, enhanced with a ginger-onion-green chilli paste. The fabulous flavour and texture of the gravy makes it a perfect home for assorted veggies like juicy beans and sweet carrots. Tender vegetables like cauliflower, potato and peas are cooked with green chillies and coconut milk. This can be prepared in few minutes and green chilies are enough for the spiciness.
Vegetable gravy with coconut step by step
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- In the mixer grind red chillies and coconut with a little bit of water make a thick paste.
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, garlic, asafetida, curry leaves and onions.
- Once sautéed add potatoes to it.
- Once the potatoes are cooked add other vegetables.
- Add sambhar powder, turmeric, chilli powder and salt to it.
- Add the grinded paste to it add water and let it boil.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked switch off the flame and serve it with hot rice.
The addition of coconut milk adds a creamy texture and rich flavour to the gravy. Coconut milk is the only thickening agent in the curry. The Nutritional Value of Vegetable Coconut Curry. Curry is a general term referring to Southeast Asian dishes composed of spices, vegetables and sometimes meat. Vegetable coconut curries have a variety of tender vegetables typically simmered in a powerful, coconut milk-based sauce.