Spicy Mutton curry. Tips to make Best Mutton Curry: Mutton/Lamb: The taste of the mutton curry depends on the quality of the meat. Getting fresh tender Lamb/mutton pieces to gives you greater taste. Gingelly oil: Gingelly oil has a unique and distinct flavour that makes mutton gravy so delicious, However, you could swap to sesame oil or any vegetable oil.
Now add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder , black pepper , salt and half cup of water into it. Now add the yoghurt, lime juice and salt and stir well mixing all the ingredients in the cooker. Now add the water and coriander leaves and stir well. You can have Spicy Mutton curry using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Mutton curry
- It’s 1 kg of mutton.
- Prepare of Little bit of curd to marinate.
- It’s of Dry Garam masala.
- You need of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of Dry jeera powder.
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Coriander powder.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Fresh coriander.
- You need 7-8 pieces of garlic.
Hi Parvathy, Sometimes the mutton takes longer to cook. In that case, you need to cook it again. Even after pressure cooking twice, you are left with too much gravy, cook the curry without the lid on low-medium flame, till the gravy thickens. ABOUT Andhra Spicy Mutton Curry RECIPE.
Spicy Mutton curry step by step
- Marinate the mutton with curd, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil and add jeera and dry masala then garlic to it.
- Fry the onion till it's brown and add marinated mutton to it.
- Once finally sautéed add onion.
- Cook the mutton for sometime n then add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and mutton masala.
- Cook the mutton for sometime and then add tomatoes to it.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked close the lid and then give around ten whistles.
- You can give more whistles if the mutton is still not cooked. Check salt n spice and add if required in the end.
- You can have this gravy with steamed hot rice or chapatis.
Andhra Spicy Mutton Curry is a very popular recipe.goes well Hyderabadi biriyani and any kind of indian flat breads or plain rice also. Whether one is better than the other is a matter of preference, in stews and curries, mutton can be cooked for longer, absorbing the flavour while holding its shape while lamb is generally cooked for a shorted type and can fall apart in stews and curries and resemble pulled meat which is tasty too. Karishma Ramdev's spicy mutton curry Ingredients Keep tossing till the masala coats the mutton pieces and the mutton gets little dark brown in colour. Now add in very little water, say around a cup. Ideally mutton is slow cooked for four to five hour.