Beef Simmered In Beer. Corned beef should be simmered until it is fork tender. To make corned beef: Place the corned beef a stock pot. Add the spice packet, a bottle of dark beer and enough water to cover the corned beef completely.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Beer-Simmered Bratwurst is an easy, uncomplicated recipe to prepare, although it is not 'diet friendly'. But, you need this in your life for at least one meal during the annual Oktoberfest. You can cook Beef Simmered In Beer using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Simmered In Beer
- It’s 1 kg of A block of beef (belly, shin, etc.).
- It’s 2 of to 3 Onion.
- You need 200 ml of Canned tomatoes (with the juice).
- Prepare 500 ml of Beer (not a very dry one).
- It’s 66 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 of cube Beef or chicken stock cube.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Plain flour.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Accompaniments:.
- You need 1 of Broccoli, potatoes, etc..
You can always 'diet tomorrow'….:) More Recipes for Oktober Fest: Sauerbraten; German Style Braised Beef Rolls; Sacher-Torte; Kraut Burger Sliders In skillet with butter, brown pork chops on both sides. Lower heat and add mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, beer and onion soup mix. Serve chops and sauce over rice. Toss beef with flour and salt to coat lightly; shake off excess.
Beef Simmered In Beer step by step
- Cut the beef into 6 cm cubes, and season with salt and pepper..
- Slice the onions as thinly as possible, and saute patiently in olive oil until golden brown. Set aside..
- Put the pan you sauteed the onions in back on the heat with some more olive oil. Dust the beef cubes with flour and brown in the pan..
- Add the onions back in the pan with the canned tomatoes, beer, water, brown sugar, mustard and soup stock cube..
- Bring to a boil over high heat. When the beer foam has died down skim off the scum diligently. Add the bay leaf and simmer for about 3 minutes..
- Stir occasionally, and simmer until you think it looks right to you. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and leave to rest for a full day before serving..
- Boil the accompaniments, such as broccoli and potatoes..
- For the mashed potatoes, see. For the saffron rice, see. I used these as accompaniments here..
Brown beef in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Add beef; return to a boil. Combine the beer, caraway, coriander, mustard seeds, onions, garlic and ginger in a large stockpot. Place the pot on the grates of the grill and bring to a simmer. Corned beef is a way to describe a cooking technique typically used on the brisket cut of beef.