Veg Kadhai. Making veg kadai takes some more time than preparing kadai paneer as the veggies need to be cooked. But the results are too good and delicious. Make this veg kadai gravy on weekends or for festive or family occasions as the gravy is a bit rich.
This is restaurant style veg kadai recipe. The gravy is made from chopped onions and pureed tomatoes. because of the chopped onions in it, the gravy is not smooth like paneer butter masala but it has some texture in it. Veg kadai or kadai vegetable sabzi is a delicious Indian vegetarian dish comprising of a mixture of veggies in cooked in a spicy gravy flavored with a special kadai masala. You can cook Veg Kadhai using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veg Kadhai
- It’s 3 of Tomatoes pureed.
- You need 1/3 + 1/4 cup of sliced Onions.
- You need 1 of Carrot & potato cut in batons 1 inch.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced Capsicum/bell peppers.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped Coriander leaves.
- It’s 1.5-2 cups of Water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of For Kadhai Masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 2-3 of Cloves.
- It’s 3-4 of dry Red Chillies.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kasuri Methi.
- It’s 4-6 of whole black Pepper.
- It’s 9-10 of Cashews.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 2-3 of green Cardamom pods.
Vegetable Kadai is a popular vegetarian dish found in almost all Indian restaurants across the world. This colourful medley of crunchy veggies in spiced gravy not only has an appetizing appearance but also a delicious taste. veg kadai recipe vegetable kadai sabzi with step by step photo and video recipe. north indian cuisine or punjabi cuisine is known for its rich and creamy sabzi recipes. typically in vegetarian, it is either made with paneer or deep fried kofta in cream based gravy. but this recipe of veg kadai, inherits the recipe from paneer kadai with same spice masala but with. Veg Kadhai: A simple punjabi curry, that can be enjoyed by kids and adults both.
Veg Kadhai instructions
- Dry roast all spices mentioned under masala section until aromat. Allow it to cool, grind it to powder. Keep aside.
- In a kadhai, heat 1tbsp oil, saute 1/3 cup onions until translucent. To this add bell pepper/capsicum, saute until they are tender yet crunchy. Take them off from kadai and keep it aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to same kadhai, add ginger-garlic paste, saute until raw aroma goes away. Add 1/4 cup onions, saute until translucent. Add tomato puree, saute until oil starts leaving sides.
- Add turmeric & red chilli powder. Mix well and saute for a minute. Now add peas, potatoes, carrot and saute for 2 minutes. Add water and salt. Mix well. Bring it to boil. Cover and cook until veggies are tender.
- Add the sauteed bell pepper & onions to the curry. Add ground masala keeping 1 tsp ground masala aside for garnish. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Finally add coriander leaves & cream. Mix well. Sprinkle remaining masala on top of curry. Serve hot with roti/naan.
A satisfying curry for the tummy. Veg Kadhai is one simple curry that can be enjoyed by kids as well as adults. It has the basic onion-tomato gravy with veggies and paneer. Also you can make this curry as you want. Kadai vegetable recipe is an easy restaurant style side dish you can make at home too!