Healthy Chicken Danshak. Marinate the chicken by mixing diced chicken with garlic ginger paste and salt. If you're a lover of a good curry then you're going to love this one pot chicken dhansak recipe. This high-protein chicken dhansak curry with lentils is the perfect weekday supper to warm you up.
Looking for an easy and healthy weeknight curry? Pour in the chicken broth, and whisk or stir until well-blended. Bring the sauce to a boil, then add in the chicken and lentils, and reduce the heat to low. You can cook Healthy Chicken Danshak using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Chicken Danshak
- You need 500 gm of boneless chicken pieces.
- Prepare 100 gm of bengal gram.
- Prepare 100 gm of split red gram/lentil.
- Prepare 100 gm of green gram.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbspn of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 4 tbspn of dhanshak masala.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 2 of potatoes deskined and cubed.
- You need 100 gm of cubed red pumpkin.
- Prepare 100 gm of chopped brinjal.
- Prepare 2 tbspn of dry fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 4 tbspn of cooking oil.
- You need as needed of Water.
Pour in the chicken broth, and whisk or stir until well-blended. Bring the sauce to a boil, then add in the chicken and lentils, and reduce the heat to low. Remove from heat, add in the yogurt, and then serve with chopped cilantro. More Curry Recipes Chicken dhansak slow cooker.
Healthy Chicken Danshak step by step
- Soak the lentils in adequate water 30 minutes to an hour prior to cooking and wash the chopped veggies.
- Heat 2 tbspn oil in a pan and add the onions.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and dhanshak masala.
- Sauté on medium heat until onions are slightly softened and brown. Take off heat.
- Now heat the remaining oil in a pressure cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken pieces and lentils.
- Stir for 2 minutes before adding the veggies, salt and sautéed onion.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and pressure cook until lentils are softened.
- Then after releasing the steam, open the cooker and mix the contents well.
- Take off the chicken pieces and mash the remaining contents well.
- Next add the chicken pieces and give it all a good mix for 2-3 minutes on Low heat.
- Chicken dhanshak is ready to be served.
- Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and garnish with dry fenugreek leaves.
- Enjoy with flat breads or rice.
You add the chicken, lentils, onions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, chilli powder and other spices to the casserole, add chicken stock and other ingredients, and let it simmer away. Sign up to receive recipe inspiration and foodie openings Thanks! Looking for an easy and healthy weeknight curry? Skip the take out, and make this Chicken Dhansak with lentils. Packed full of flavour, this restaurant-style curry brings the creaminess of lentils together with traditional South Asian spices to create a hearty and nourishing meal for the entire family.