sauteed potatoes. Drain, shake out onto a kitchen paper-lined tray and leave to cool. To saute potatoes, start by cutting them into cubes, disks, or halves. After you boil the potatoes, heat some cooking oil on the stovetop over medium heat.
Pat potatoes dry; add half to pan. Add half the butter; as it melts, toss to coat potatoes. The sauteed potato can be customised any which way you like (Bourdain's bacon, Elizabeth David's onion, Smitten Kitchen's smoked paprika), but the traditional basic recipe almost always features. You can have sauteed potatoes using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of sauteed potatoes
- It’s 5 of potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 of onion.
- It’s 2 of green peppers.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable oil.
Sprinkle with the rosemary and flaky salt, then serve. Remove garlic, peel, place in a small bowl and crush. Stir in lemon juice, add to potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through. Sauté potatoes are the ultimate quick fix with their speed and ease.
sauteed potatoes instructions
- Wash 5 potatoes. Cut into square pieces. Preheat oil in skillet on stove top. I use my iron skillet.
- Chop up 1/4 white onion on cutting board along with potatoes..
- Chop up two green peppers on board..
- Dust garlic powder over potato, onion, pepper mix.
- Place potatoes, onion and peppers in skillet. Dust with salt and pepper for additional flavor..
- Cook until golden brown or potatoes are tender..
- Serves about 5, can serve more just cut up more potatoes. One potato per person want to feed..
This method allows you to s auté your spuds to perfection with the help of some key ingredients including oil, garlic and rosemary. Drain the potatoes in a colander (if you have one) they'll turn out crispier if you let them dry off. This is the basic method for making sauté potatoes, but if you prefer them plain, simply leave the onion out. The secret of really crisp sauté potatoes is, first of all, to use olive oil and, secondly, to use two or three frying pans so that the potatoes can cook in a single layer and not overlap each other. I followed the recipe to the tee and did not change anything!