Bacon n Garlic Fried Potatoes. Fry the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned and crisp. Remove from the pan, and add the potatoes and onions to the bacon drippings. Bacon n Garlic Fried Potatoes Very delicious!
Fry the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned and crisp. Remove from the pan, and add the potatoes and onions to the bacon drippings. I particularly like them with creamy dishes like steak stroganoff or chicken in creamy white wine sauce for date night. You can have Bacon n Garlic Fried Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon n Garlic Fried Potatoes
- You need 6 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Prepare 5 lb of pkg.. red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.. I used the jarred kind… so alter amount to your taste..
- Prepare 4 slice of cooked bacon,.crumbled.
- It’s 1 of very large skillet, deep skillet preferred..
Honestly, I could eat these things like popcorn. An Original Recipe by Lorraine Elliott. The unique thing about these garlic potatoes is that whole, unpeeled garlic is cooked with the potatoes and then it is peeled, crushed, and added back to the potatoes. A small amount of lemon juice along with parsley and onions round this recipe out for flavor and texture.
Bacon n Garlic Fried Potatoes instructions
- wash potatoes. then slice potatoes into circles about the size and thickness of crinkle cut potato chips..
- heat skillet with garlic and bacon grease, just enough to be hot but not sizzling. medium high heat.
- toss in potatoes and all other ingredients except the bacon. medium low to medium heat..
- fry potatoes until they become soft flipping and turning them to cook evenly..
- continue to cook on medium high heat.. add bacon crumbles… continue to cook so you crisp up about half the potatoes much like hashbrowns..
- serve alongside your favorite dish..
- serves about 5 people as a side..
- OTHER IDEAS!.
- make for breakfast just add eggs!.
- make as a skillet and just add sauteed steak strips! and green pepper!.
- very forgiving and versatile!.
Toss the potatoes with olive oil, onion powder, garlic, and season with salt and pepper, lightly breaking the potatoes as you toss. And potatoes are not an exception here: use smoked bacon fat to fry potatoes for an extra twist on otherwise usual taste and you will get traditional Bratkartoffel (German style pan fried potatoes with bacon). Because of amount of fat, this is probably not the healthiest recipe in the world, but it is for sure a delicious one. Serve with a dollop of sour cream for an extra kick. While the potatoes are cooking, add the bacon to a heavy pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.