Nation Clam Chowder. New England Clam Chowder lovers turn up their noses at the tomatoes in Manhattan Clam Chowder. Meanwhile, Long Island plays the diplomat by including both cream and tomatoes in its clam chowder. In the Pacific Northwest, smoked salmon is often substituted for the more traditional smoked pork, and Florida makes a spicy Minorcan Clam Chowder.
One of the best chowders I've had!! You know 'em, you love 'em—and many of them are back in action. Here's our recap of the best places to find clam chowder in Boston, with. You can cook Nation Clam Chowder using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nation Clam Chowder
- You need 1 can of whole clams in clam juice.
- Prepare 1 can of Chopped clams, in clam juice.
- It’s 4 of Strips of regular smoked bacon, sliced into squares.
- Prepare 1 small of red potato, diced.
- It’s 1 small of white onion, diced finely.
- It’s 3 of Celery stalks, chopped thin.
- You need 4 of Green onions, chopped (white and green parts).
- You need 1 can of Cream of potato soup.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 small of package of heavy cream (you will probably only use 3/4ths of it).
- You need 1/2 of Lemon, squeezed for the juice.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt, pepper, paprika.
How Is The Date For Clam Chowder Day Calculated? Our algorithms examine all of the references to National Days across social media and updates whatnationaldayisit.com hourly, with our homepage displaying the current. Melt butter, add bacon and cook until almost crispy over medium heat. The clam chowder served in Long Island is a combination of the traditional cream based clam chowder served in New England and the tomato-based chowder of Manhattan.
Nation Clam Chowder instructions
- In a large non-stick pan, over medium/medium high heat add the bacon and cook until crunchy, set aside on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Using the bacon oil in the pan, add the diced red potatoes and celery, cook until softened stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped white onion and green onions to the pot and sautee until softened (you might need to add some butter to the pan if the oil is all soaked up).
- Add the juice (not the clams) of BOTH cans of the whole and chopped clams, and bring the onions and potatoes to a boil.
- Add all your seasoning, and squeeze 1/2 the lemon in. Cook until the potatoes are fully cooked through, stirring occasionally (most of the clam juice will soak up).
- Add the cans of cream of celery and mushroom, and stir all ingredients together well (add a couple dashes of hot sauce if desired).
- Slowly add the heavy cream, a little at a time and stir each time until desired consistency is reached. I usually use 3/4ths of the carton.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Re-incorporate the cooked bacon, and add both cans of clams into chowder and stir.
- On low heat, let the chowder set for five minutes for the flavors to mix..
- Serve and enjoy!! Garnish with chopped green onions if desired ;).
Milk Stanley Cup of Chowder Boston Bruins Schedule, Roster, News, and Rumors Follow Stanley Cup of Chowder online: Log in or sign up. Variations of New England clam chowder exist throughout the region and, depending on where you are, the consistency can be thin or thick. As the oldest continuous European settlement in the United States, St. Augustine, Florida is a culturally diverse city with a storied history and a 'melting pot' of cuisines.