Homemade Vegetable Soup. Now Choose From Multiple Delicious Vegetable Recipes To Cook A Perfect Meal. I love this vegetable soup, but I might have changed it so much it's not quite this recipe. In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender.
There is no water in this recipe, only tomato juice and chicken or vegetable broth, giving it an extra zesty punch. Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a stockpot pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and the tomato paste. You can have Homemade Vegetable Soup using 25 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Vegetable Soup
- You need 2 box of 32 oz chicken broth, low sodium.
- You need 1/3 of elephant ear garlic, peeled and minced.
- It’s 1/2 packages of sliced mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of green onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 packages of 16oz stir fry blen frozen vegetables.
- It’s 1 packages of 16oz classic blend mixed frozen vegetables.
- You need 2 cup of frozen broccoli.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground sage.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of crushed rosemary.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 cup of instant mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- It’s 10 dash of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 packages of herb ox beef bouillon packets.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
I like to serve this homemade vegetable soup with a basket of grill cheese roll-ups! Fresh vegetable soup made with tons of veggies in a homemade tomato broth! Flavor variations for the best vegetable soup recipe: To make vegetable beef soup/ground beef vegetable soup, cook ground beef first and drain fat. Then, follow rest of the same steps.
Homemade Vegetable Soup instructions
- In big saucepan, heat up some olive oil.
- Sauteed mushrooms, green onions, elephant ear garlic til you can really smell the mushrooms, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add water, all spices, all herbs, all seasonings, chicken broth, all vegetables (everything BUT mashed potatoes and milk).
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup broth from soup and place in mixing bowl.
- Add milk to mixing bowl.
- Stir milk.
- Add milk mixture to soup.
- Add instant mashed potatoes to soup.
- Return to boil til soup thickens.
- Add water, stirring til desired thickness.
To make chicken vegetable soup, add some shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken pieces in the soup at the end. To make turkey vegetable soup, cook ground turkey first. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, seasonal vegetables and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Homemade vegetable soup is probably my favorite soup. When I make it I make an enormous pot, so I can freeze some.