Hobo Stew. Hobo stew is so wonderful because there are so many different ways to make it.you really can't mess it up. A big pot of it feeds a bunch and it's hearty and delicious. This recipe was great because it's the basics and you can go from there.
He would refer to it as Rainbow Stew also. Every time I make it I am reminded of him and remember all the times watching him cook growing up. It is called Hobo Stew because you can add anything you can get your hands on to it and it tastes great. You can have Hobo Stew using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hobo Stew
- It’s 1 can of beef broth.
- It’s 1 can of tomato soup.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 can of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of diced or stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of salt&pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 of potatoes, chopped but not peeled.
- Prepare 2 packages of frozen mixed veggies.
- Prepare 2 can of water.
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. I am happy to say that I have finally made Hobo Stew with some taste!! I did not have to add soup for flavor!! Enjoy! (I'm not much on green beans so I drain them!!) Hobo Stew.
Hobo Stew step by step
- brown the ground beef with seasonings & then add the vegetables. saute for 2 mins, just until al dente..
- in a large soup pot, combine soups, water, potatoes & sauteed ingredients. add additional seasonings if necessary!.
- simmer over low heat for at least one hour, then enjoy..
Great in cold weather with cornbread. Hobo stew is a quick and easy recipe with only four ingredients that is wonderful for camping, tailgating or an easy meal at home. You can use different meats and vegetables, add different seasonings and make it to suit your family. Throw this together on a weeknight for a meal everyone will love. In a skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs on all sides; drain.