Slow cooker courgette/marrow soup. Slow Cooker Zucchini Soup Slow Cooker Zucchini Soup. Slow cooker courgette/marrow soup I adapted this recipe from a slow cooker book to use up the inevitable glut of courgettes from my little plot. Products you'll need for this recipe.
Heat oil in a slow cooker; add onions and carrots. Cook and stir for a few minutes; add potatoes and courgettes. Stir in curry powder and turmeric; add stock and season to taste with salt and pepper. You can cook Slow cooker courgette/marrow soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker courgette/marrow soup
- You need 4 of courgettes.
- You need 300 g of potatoes.
- It’s 750 ml of vegetables stock.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 2 of baby leeks.
- You need 50 g of kale (I used frozen and worked fine).
- Prepare 150 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn flour.
Courgette Soup – Making it Dairy Free. What I love about this soup is how thick and creamy it is, even before you add cream. The courgettes blend together to make the soup smooth and silky in texture. Therefore, if you want to make this soup dairy free you can easily skip the cream altogether and replace the butter with some olive oil.
Slow cooker courgette/marrow soup instructions
- Chop and sautee the onion in a bit of olive oil but don't let it go brown. Add the garlic and leeks to release flavours too. Reserve in the slow cooker..
- Chop courgettes or marrow in slices. Chop potato and add with the stock to the slow cooker..
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours..
- On the last 15minutes add the dissolved cornflour with the milk and the kale. Let it simmer.
- Let it cool down and blend to desired texture..
It is so simple to make … Continue reading » Add the courgette slices, red pepper, onions and garlic to the slow cooker. Cover with the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add chopped fresh basil before serving. Put on cooker and leave it on high flame until it boils then simmer until all the vegetables are tender. This soft oversized courgette can be stuffed, roasted, slow-cooked, used in chutneys or grated into cake.