Low fat Spanish omelette. Beat the egg and egg whites together, then pour into the frying pan. Put the pan in the oven and heat until the egg is cooked through. Slide the omelette from the pan and enjoy with a side salad and a good dollop of.
Sounded outrageous to me as I believed it should only be potato onion and egg but on this version I have added zucchini. I must admit it really looks the part. With a spatula, gently lift sides of omelet and tilt pan to distribute more uncooked egg to the pan's surface. You can have Low fat Spanish omelette using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low fat Spanish omelette
- Prepare 3 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of courgette/zucchini.
- You need 4 of eggs slightly beaten.
- It’s 3 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Once the egg begins to set, sprinkle totato, onion, pepper and cheese over one side of the omelet. Carefully, fold the other side of the omelet over the fillings. Take the Spanish omelette to another level with this healthier version, which uses sweet potato and turkey bacon and makes up four of your five-a-day. Place inside microwave proof container and drizzle with olive oil.
Low fat Spanish omelette instructions
- On this version I will peel and boil the potatoes in salted water..
- Chop onion finely and sautee in a bit of oil until soft, add the chopped courgette too and cook until soft..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the boiled drained and mashed potatoes and the soft onion and courgette. Add Salt if you like. Mix all ingredients.
- Add a teaspon of oil to the pan and heat. Add the mixture and cook on a medium hob..
- When starting to brown we have to turn the omelette. This is the tricky part. Use a plate just slightly bigger than your frying pan..
- Turn the omelette into the plate and return to hob. Cooked side up.
- Finish cooking and is ready to serve..
A genuine Spanish omelette, however, is made a certain way, and for those who've tried it there is just no substitute. A Spanish Omelette 🇪🇸🍳 We took the Spanish omelette, arguably the most famous of Spanish tapas, and turned it keto. You see, we're fairly obsessed with radishes impersonating potatoes, and the result here is the most outstanding yet. Don't confuse this with the flour or corn tortillas you use to make wraps. A Spanish tortilla is a potato-and-egg omelet found on numerous menus throughout Spain.