Skillet Breakfast Burrito. Skillet Breakfast Burritos are packed with protein and dairy to start your day off right! It's all made with country sausage, pieces of bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, diced crispy potatoes and then topped with cheese. All put together in a hot skillet.
This is the McDonald's McSkillet Burrito, although typically made with sausage, I don't eat. Savory, fast and easy one skillet breakfast burritos filled with eggs, sausage, onions, bell peppers, green chiles and cheese. Super easy for the freezer and breakfast on-the-go. You can cook Skillet Breakfast Burrito using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Breakfast Burrito
- It’s 1 of tortilla.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 oz of ground beef.
- Prepare 4 oz of potato.
- Prepare 2 oz of red jalepeño.
- You need 2 oz of tomato.
- You need 1 oz of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 oz of green pepper.
- Prepare 1 oz of red pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
The colors in this Easy Breakfast Skillet Burritos Recipe makes it as appealing to the eye as it is to the taste buds! I also love the fact that it's easy to customize. Add in extra ingredients such as mushrooms if you prefer. It's also VERY easy to double and feed a crowd!
Skillet Breakfast Burrito step by step
- Wash and peel potato. Chop into 1/2" cubes, add 1/2 of salt and pepper. Cut green and red pepper into 1/2" squares..
- Remove ends of red jalepeños, tomato, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Combine in blender, and pulse until finely chopped..
- Pack ground beef into a rectangular patty, sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper, and cook in pan. Cook until internal temperature is 155°F..
- Combine butter, potatoes, and red and green peppers in frying pan. Sautée until peppers and potato soften..
- Add 3 eggs to pan with potato mix. Stir until scrambled and fully cooked..
- Plate tortilla, then sauce, cheese, beef, and egg mix. Wrap with both ends closed..
Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and pour off half the fat. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy. A breakfast burrito is traditionally filled with ingredients typical of an American breakfast like eggs, hash browns and sausage or bacon to start, and it all gets wrapped in a flour tortilla. Thanks to this easy recipe, you can make a batch of breakfast burritos on Sunday and stash them in your freezer for a quick grab-and-go breakfast all. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and stir in the sausage and garlic.