Eggplant Stackers. After eggplant is cooked place on baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray. This will make four stackers depending on eggplant size. Eggplant rounds are breaded and baked, then stacked and layered with Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and mozzarella cheese, then baked again until hot and cheese has melted.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 🙂 You can grill the eggplant rounds up to a day in advance, then assemble the eggplant, tomato and mozzarella "stacks" at the last minute. To make the eggplant and tomato stacks look symmetrical, use eggplant and tomatoes with approximately the same diameter. HOW TO MAKE EGGPLANT PARMESAN STACKS: Bread the eggplant by dipping it into milk and then crumbs. You can have Eggplant Stackers using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Stackers
- It’s 1 of eggplant, sliced.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare of Eggplant ends.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of Cooked chicken, diced.
- It’s of Leftover cheesy potatoes.
- It’s of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Flour for dredging.
- It’s of Olive oil to fry.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- It’s of Dried oregano.
- You need of Dried basil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
The sauce and the eggplant should be ready at about the same time. Top with another piece of eggplant. Warm stacks in the oven until mozzarella lightly melts. While the eggplant slices are still warm from the oven, stack it and layer with fresh mozzarella then return to the oven for the cheese to melt.
Eggplant Stackers instructions
- This is what I pulled out of my fridge to use. You can use anything you have..
- Prepare you veggies to sauté. Slice eggplant and sprinkle with salt to remove excess water. Let a set 10-15 minutes then pat dry with paper towels to remove moisture and excess water..
- Heat skillet with olive oil and add the veggies and dried oregano, basil, salt & pepper. Stir and cook until veggies are soft. While veggies are cooking prepare the eggplant slices. You will have 3 pie plates, 1 for flour, 1 for eggs, slightly beaten with a bit of water and 1 with mixture of panko and Parmesan. Dip each piece flour, egg and then panko..
- Heat same skillet you sautéed veggies in with more oil and brown the eggplant pieces, set aside..
- Now time to assemble. Setup everything in a line you want to layer. Start with sauce on bottom of the casserole dish. Next pieces of eggplant. Then mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken, cheesy potatoes, sautéed veggies..
- Last top with piece of eggplant, pour sauce over and top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until heated through and cheese all nice and melted..
Cover loosely so the eggplant slices don't brown more. And yes, with that ooey-gooey cheese, the Eggplant Parmesan stacks may slide around a bit. Recommended Video Reviews Eggplant Parm Stacks. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.. Repeat to make a second layer and finish each stack with a third eggplant slice. Continue to layer remaining eggplant slices, pesto, and Monterey Jack in same manner.