Spanish omelette recipe. Strain the potatoes and onion through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside). Add half of the egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). no spaniard would use butter to cook an omelet! my suggestion if you would like to try the traditional and yummy spanish omelet is to try the recipe submitted by patty:spanish potato omelet(its got the right ingredients )also i would remove the excess oil left after cooking the potato and onion. Found this recipe on the internet.
After cooking it you might want to add ketchup, salsa or hot pepper sauce, be creative!!!! Cover the pan with a large plate and carefully turn the omelet out onto the plate. To check the omelet is cooked, gently press on the centre of the omelet. You can cook Spanish omelette recipe using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish omelette recipe
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of potato chopped or cubed.
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1 of small capsicum chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot shredded.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare leaves of Chopped coriander.
- You need 2-3 of cheese cubes depends on ur taste it's optional.
If the surface springs back, it is ready. Spanish Omelette Recipe or Tortilla Espanola is a thick, fluffy omelette made using potatoes and eggs. This is a basic recipe with potatoes, onions and eggs. You can also try a variation by adding coloured peppers or tomatoes and herbs.
Spanish omelette recipe instructions
- Heat oil in a apan add 1 big potato chopped fry on medium flame 2 to 3 minutes until partially cooked.
- Then add onion cabbage capsicum and carrot mix well season with pepper salt red chilli mix well.
- Simmer 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are soft then remove from heat cool completely.
- Meanwhile break open 5 eggs in a bowl add the sauteed vegetables chopped coriander leaves salt to taste as per eggs beat everything nicely.
- Heat oil in a pan pour half of the egg vegetable mixture then grate the cheese then again pour remaining half egg omelette mixture.
- Cover simmer 3 to 4 minutes then carefully flip the omelette on a plate then push back into the pan to cook other side too.
- Cover simmer 3 to 4 minute spanish omelette ready to serve with bread or roti.
Using a non-stick pan helps to easily handle the omelette. Spanish Omelette (Spanish Tortilla) is perfect served hot or cold, and so easy to make! Crispy, fried potatoes and eggs make up this popular Spanish Omelette (Tortilla) recipe, perfect for picnics, parties, bbq's, or your traditional Tapas menu! Along with paella, the ubiquitous Spanish omelette – tortilla de patatas – is perhaps one of the best-known Spanish dishes. It is impossible to find a self-respecting tapas bar that does not feature tortilla in its repertoire.