Beer Cheese Chicken and Veggies. Great recipe for Beer Cheese Chicken and Veggies. I wanted to stretch my culinary muscles on this one. There is a lot going on at one time to execute this dish, but the flavors yielded are exceptional!
A delicious Oktoberfest or fall soup recipe.. To make gluten free, use a Gluten Free Beer or swap with chicken or veggie broth. These beer cheese chicken thighs are really simple to make and so darn comforting. You can cook Beer Cheese Chicken and Veggies using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer Cheese Chicken and Veggies
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 1 bunch of asparagus.
- It’s 1 packages of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 packages of mushrooms.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 packages of mild cheddar.
- Prepare 1 can of beer.
- Prepare 1 of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- It’s dash of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of canola oil.
- Prepare 5 of red potatoes.
- It’s dash of liquid smoke.
I prefer dark meat to light meat when it comes to chicken because I think it has more flavor. So I went with boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. They browned in butter and a little beer to get a nice, golden crust on the outside. Place chicken and vegetables in slow cooker.
Beer Cheese Chicken and Veggies step by step
- Let's get the potatoes boiling for some mashed potatos..
- Now let's drop the asparagus into a hot pan with canola oil to get a nice sear. Hit it with salt and pepper..
- As it starts to sear let's drop in the mushrooms and the butter. Hit it with salt and pepper again. We layer flavors..
- Take the boiled potatoes and smash them. Add in heavy whipping cream until smooth and creamy. Add in salt, pepper, and garlic powder..
- Now that the veggies are nearly done let's drop the chicken thighs into a screaming hot pan with canola, to get a nice crust. Hit them with salt, pepper, and chili powder..
- While the thighs are searing pour the beer into a pot. Add in worcestershire sauce, heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder and liquid smoke. Bring to a boil..
- Pour the bag of cheddar into your sauce and melt it in while mixing.let it cool and stir in a a few teaspoons of flour to thicken. Bring to a boil again and Voila! Beer cheese!.
- Now flip your chicken thighs and hit it with the spices.
- Top the veggies with baby spinach and minced garlic.cover the pan to wilt the spinach.
- Now that the chicken is seared off. Beer cheese is done. Mashed potatoes are ready. Spinach is wilted. We're done. Let's plate!.
- On a bed of mashed potatoes, lay a chicken thigh on top of the potatoes. Top with the sautéed veggies and pour some beer cheese over the top of that. Enjoy!.
Mix Seasoning Mix, vinegar, oil and water in bowl until blended. Pour over chicken and vegetables; stir to coat. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan; top with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.