Creamy Potato Soup. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine potatoes, celery, onion, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cream of Potato Soup Creamy Potato Soup Creamy Potato Soup.
Top it with cheese and bacon and no one will be able to resist. Place the potatoes and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender; drain and set aside. You can have Creamy Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Soup
- Prepare 4-5 of russet potatoes – peeled, cut to 1/2" cubes.
- You need 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion – finely chopped (almost minced).
- Prepare 6 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of half and half or evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of salt (more as needed to taste).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery seed (not salt) – optional.
This simple potato soup is ultra creamy and comforting! With only a few ingredients this soup comes together quickly on the stovetop. Load it up with all your favorite toppings for the ultimate in comfort food! Loaded with bacon and creamy potato goodness, this is a favorite comfort food in my household.
Creamy Potato Soup step by step
- Place prepped potatoes and chicken broth in a 4-6 quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in colander placed over a large bowl to reserve the broth. Set aside..
- Return pot to stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted add onion and sautée about 2 minutes. Wisk in flour and cook 2 minutes more..
- Carefully add broth back to pot, wisking constantly to prevent and break up any lumps. As soon as broth is smooth and begins to thicken wisk in half and half, and then milk..
- Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer until about the thickness of a loose gravy, wisking constantly. This took about 5 minutes from adding the milk to thickened for me..
- Wisk in salt amd pepper (and celery seed if using). Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Carefully return potatoes to pot. Gently stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate. Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Savory, creamy, and loaded with bacon, sour cream, and. One Recipe, Two Meals: Creamy, Cheesy Potato Soup. There's nothing better than a carb you can slurp. Let's look at a yumz potato soup that will make every face in your house super-duper. Add the onion and celery and cook until tender.