Cheesy Potato Bacon Soup. Warm up with this rich and indulgent soup. Our Cheesy Potato Soup with Bacon feeds a crowd, freezes well, and it comes together in a single Dutch oven. Melted yellow Cheddar makes a great finishing touch.
Gradually add milk and half and half stirring constantly until thickened and smooth. Add potatoes and onions; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. The craving won, of course and Mr Magpie ended up making the soup for supper. You can cook Cheesy Potato Bacon Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Potato Bacon Soup
- Prepare 6 large of Red potatos.
- It’s 1 large of Spanish onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of Green onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 packages of Bacon(I use maple cured).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic plus.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Old cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded havarti.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sour cream.
- You need 2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 can of Cheddar cheese soup.
We actually make this potato soup on a regular basis when we are wanting something carbo-licious with bacon for dinner. Flavored cream cheese is the secret ingredient; it makes the soup creamy and flavorful. Velveeta potato soup is a cheesy soup that is made with a base of Velveeta cheese. Velveeta is a famous brand of processed cheese.
Cheesy Potato Bacon Soup step by step
- Wash and cut red potatoes into cubes.
- Boil in pot of salted water until you can stick a fork through.
- Meanwhile chop onion and sauté until soft set aside.
- Melt butter in large pot and add flour stirring frequently then add milk slowly and stir until smooth and thick add canned soup whisking frequently.
- Add cheese when sauce starts to thicken and all dried ingredients.
- Add cooked potatoes (drained ) and sautéed onions and cover on med heat for 35 minutes.
- Finish off with crumbled bacon and dollop of sour cream…..enjoy.
It has a very smooth and creamy texture. This creamy texture melts really well and the creaminess creates a great base for cheese soup. This soup is made with Velveeta cheese, potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Use slotted spoon to transfer bacon to paper towels, leaving drippings in stockpot.