Ham and cheese potato soup. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
I have some delicious leftover ham. Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup. In a saucepan, bring potatoes and water to a boil. You can have Ham and cheese potato soup using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and cheese potato soup
- You need 6 of peeled and diced russet potatoes.
- You need 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of diced cooked ham.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded Velveeta.
- You need of salt,pepper, cayenne,celery seed, sage and thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of celery.
- Prepare 2 of chicken boulion cubes.
A quick and easy classic loaded with veggies, chicken broth, half and half, potatoes, leftover ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and swiss cheese! This Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup is simple and DELICIOUS!! With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas and Easter, which is perfect for using in this soup!
Ham and cheese potato soup instructions
- Salt and boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Sautee the onion and crisp the ham.
- Drain potatoes reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water(I usually add 2 chicken boulion cubes for extra flavor).
- In the stockpot combine butter and flour to make a rue..
- Add milk water and seasonings and bring to boil stirring constantly then reduce to simmer.
- Add in ham n onions the cheese and the cream of celery and mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the cooked potatoes back and season to taste. Let simmer about 30-40 minutes and ENJOY.
We also use leftovers for ham and bean soup, or cheesy ham chowder. Whisk until smooth and no lumps are seen. Bring just to a boil or until the soup thickens. Add the diced ham, cooked onion and the Swiss cheese. Also, add back in the cooked potatoes.