Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili. Add in the flesh of the cooked sweet potato – as a thickener and to balance out the spiciness of the chipotle – and mix everything to together. If needed, add in more tablespoons of beef broth if you prefer your chili to be less thick. Crock Pot Paleo Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili!
Sweet potatoes stand in for beans in this hearty chili and are a nice compliment to the smoky chipotle pepper. It's great served with diced avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges. Feel free to double the batch and freeze some for future meals because it's super freezer-friendly though the sweet potatoes will breakdown a bit after you thaw. You can cook Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili
- You need of Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 of Sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic.
- You need 4 cup of broth (chicken or veggie).
- It’s 2 can of black beans (rinsed and drained).
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 3 of Chipotle peppers.
- It’s 1 of adobo sauce from canned Chipotle peppers.
- It’s 1 1/2 can of diced tomatoes with juice.
- It’s 1/2 can of Green chiles.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of dried Chipotle flakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 1/3 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt(to taste).
- You need 3 tbsp of lime or lemon juice.
- It’s of crema.
- You need of avocado, sliced.
Smoky black bean chipotle chili with roasted sweet potato! This vegan chili is filled with black beans and red pepper in a spicy smoky chipotle tomato sauce. Topped with some roasted sweet potato which are a match made in heaven with this chipotle chilli. Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili with Black Beans is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan!
Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili step by step
- In large heavy bottom pot, heat olive oil and butter. Sautee cubed sweet potatoes, chopped onion, and red pepper until soft-about 15 minutes..
- Add garlic, all ground and dried spices, broth, and uncooked quinoa to pot. Mix well..
- Add black beans, green chili's, diced tomatoes, chopped chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, and mix well. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and cover for 20 minutes, until quinoa is soft. Allow chili to simmer until desired consistency is reached..
- Mash 1/4 of sweet potato cubes to enhance consistency. Pour in lime or lemon juice and remove from heat. Add salt to taste..
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with avocado slices and large spoonful of crema!.
If you are as obsessed with sweet potatoes as I am, you are going to love this chili!! Add water and bring to a simmer. What a difference roasting the sweet potatoes makes in the flavor of the chili. I have made sweet potato chili before but the flavor of the sweet potatoes can get lost in the simmering. I also roasted the red peppers.