Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Bring home the taste of Rao's Chicken & Gnocchi Soup today. Bring high-quality ingredients and flavors to your pantry. How to make chicken and gnocchi soup.
Easy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Easy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup. This chicken gnocchi soup is full of flavor in every bite. It is simple to make and so delicious! You can have Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic – minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of half & half.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1/2 of of a rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) – chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of (packed) fresh spinach – roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of package gnocchi.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Make this a complete meal by serving this favorite olive garden soup with homemade breadtwists and a side salad asparagus salad with lemon vinaigrette or antipasto. This chicken gnocchi soup recipe is quick, easy, and comforting. The pillowy gnocchi melt in your mouth! This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is pretty quick when all is said and done.
Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup instructions
- Heat a 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. As soon as butter melts add onion and garlic. Sautée until onion is translucent, stirring often..
- Wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking frequently..
- Wisk in chicken broth, half & half, thyme, celery seed, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, wisking frequently. Simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes..
- Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and spinach. Simmer 5 minutes more, stirring often. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note1: This makes a hearty, thick soup. If you would like your soup a little thinner you can add up to 1 more cup of chicken broth..
- Note2: If you want to cut some of the fat you can replace 1 cup of half & half with milk. You could go with all milk, but then it wouldn't have the same richness..
In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Gnocchi is a classic Italian pasta made from wheat flour, eggs, cornmeal, breadcrumbs, and potatoes. You can also season it with herbs and vegetables. These tiny dumplings have a soft dough-like consistency pair perfectly with chicken soup. This chicken gnocchi soup requires potato gnocchi, which you can make with flour, potatoes, and eggs.