Picadillo con papas. What To Serve With Picadillo Con Papas? A popular way to serve Picadillo Con Papas is to serve it with rice. An easy option is to serve it with white rice, but to make a Tex-Mex meal, I like to serve it with my Homemade Mexican Rice.
In all honesty, it was prepared often in our house because it could feed a large family for a low cost. We enjoyed this dish, along with many rice, beans and egg dishes growing up. I would not have had it any other way. You can cook Picadillo con papas using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Picadillo con papas
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 medium of potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced white onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 small of diced tomato.
- You need 1 dash of garlic salt.
- You need 1 dash of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
This picadillo Cubano con papas is a recipe made up of fried potatoes, seasoned ground beef, olives, and raisins. A classic Cuban dish that's delicious and super easy to make. Growing up, this dish was served at the table at least once a week. Heat coconut oil in a pan and brown the ground beef, working in batches add ground beef to pan and cook until browned, seasoned, remove excess of oil and set a side.
Picadillo con papas instructions
- First rinse potatoes, then peel and dice them.pat with paper towel.
- Heat oil in pan on medium high then add potatoes. cover with lid..
- Allow potatoes to get a little golden on one side then flip potatoes over.remove some oil out of pan with a ladle or deep spoon.be careful oil is really hot.turn down fire to medium low.cover and let cook for about 2 or 3 minutes..
- With spatula remove papas from pan onto a papertoweld plate..
- Still using the same pan add diced onions. let sautee until some parts of onion are dark.then add tblspn of butter.stir occasionally until they start to caramelize..
- add pound of ground beef to onions and butter.using your spoon chop ground beef while also stirring around onions..
- Once ground beef is browned drain some grease.then add 1/2 cup of water along with tomatoes and seasonings..
- Finally add the already cooked papas to the mix.stir slowly.then cover and turn down heat to a simmer.after about 2 minutes you can remove from heat..
- Fill tortillas for delicious tacos.which taste even better with some salsa verde. or you can just put in a bowl and eat with saltines or bread..
Ground beef and potatoes cooked in a tomato sauce is a dish known as picadillo sencillo, or carne molida con papas. All the ingredients are usually chopped before cooking. "Chopping" in Spanish is "picar" or "cortar", which is where the dish gets its name. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. While the original picadillo uses ground meat, carne con papas contains chunks of beef. The sauce of carne con papas is also different from that of picadillo because it incorporates ingredients such as raisins, olives, peppers and even capers, in addition to the traditional base called sofrito.