Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers are filled with an easy and tasty ground beef and veggie and mix topped with cheesy mashed potatoes. An alternative to the classic recipe since they are made without rice, they make an easy dinner recipe for any night of the year. But make them extra special when you carve those peppers like pumpkins to turn them into Jack O'Lantern Stuffed Peppers for Halloween.
Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers I wanted stuffed peppers for dinner today, hubby wanted shepherd's Pie.. why not both? Jack O'Lantern Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers – Turn heads for Halloween with an easy, tasty beef and veggie mix topped with cheesy mashed potatoes stuffed into ghoulish peppers. Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers step by step. You can cook Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- You need 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s of Meat mixture.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 of carrot, diced small.
- It’s 1 of celery, diced small.
- You need 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- You need 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade). Mashed Potatoes Shepherd's pie is a minced meat pie traditionally made with a flavorful gravy, mashed potatoes, veggies, and ground lamb (hence, the word "shepherd" in the title.) Technically , a shepherd's pie made with ground beef is called "cottage pie" and a pie made with lamb is called shepherd's pie. Shepherd's Pie is a delicious dish of ground meat (traditionally lamb, but beef is popular as well), gravy, vegetables, and topped with mashed potatoes. There's many varieties but one thing they tend to have in common is time.
Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers step by step
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! 😉😊.
One of the only draw backs of making shepherd's pie is the amount of time it takes to make. If you are looking for a variation on shepherd's pie, try this fall recipe with sweet potatoes, pumpkin, tomatoes, bell peppers, and ground turkey. By Angela Sackett Superhotmama Easy Shepherd's Pie with Garlic Romano Potatoes Shepherd's Pie Recipes. My husband has never had stuffed peppers in his life and loved them, actually went back for seconds. They both tried a taste of the pepper, which made mom happy.