New Potatoes, Bacon, and Corn Sautéed with Butter & Soy Sauce. Great recipe for New Potatoes, Bacon, and Corn Sautéed with Butter & Soy Sauce. I made this because I wanted to eat new potatoes with bacon. I used a pre-sliced pack of.
This is a recipe from my husband's aunt for French style whole potatoes sautéed in butter until golden and crispy on the outside. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, then drain. No need to peel them because you will lose the flavor. You can cook New Potatoes, Bacon, and Corn Sautéed with Butter & Soy Sauce using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of New Potatoes, Bacon, and Corn Sautéed with Butter & Soy Sauce
- You need 35 grams of Sliced bacon.
- Prepare 2 small of Wedged potatoes (about 120-130 g).
- You need 130 grams of Kerneled corn.
- Prepare 24 grams of Butter (or 2 tbsp).
- It’s 1 of to 2 teaspoons Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of Parsley.
Put them in a saucepan filled with cold water. Then melt the butter and oil in a large heavy frying pan, and fry the bacon strips, chopped onion and crushed garlic over a gentle heat until just softened. Using a sharp chef's knife, slice corn kernels from cobs. Bring potato water back to a boil and add corn.
New Potatoes, Bacon, and Corn Sautéed with Butter & Soy Sauce instructions
- Wash the potatoes well. Cut into 8 slices with the skin. Microwave for 3 minutes at 500 W. Once a toothpick can easily poke through the thicker sections, they're ready..
- Slice the bacon into 2 cm wide pieces. The width can be any size you want. The bacon will be easier to cook if you separate all the pieces rather than cooking them stacked..
- Add 2 cubes of butter (16 g) to a frying pan on medium heat, being careful not to burn it. The photo shows the frying pan warming up..
- Once the frying pan has heated, add the bacon from Step 2..
- Once the bacon has become somewhat crispy, add the potatoes..
- Add the potatoes from Step 1 along with the corn. Cook them all together. If the corn begins to jump out of the pan, lower the heat..
- Once the potatoes have become lightly browned, If you have the time and would like the potatoes and bacon to brown some more, it will be easy to do..
- Add the soy sauce and cook until slightly browned. Stop the heat. Since the potatoes are cooked in Step 1, it's okay to just lightly cook at this point..
- Transfer everything to a plate and place 1 cube of butter (8 g – listed in the ingredients!) in the center. Garnish with dried parsley to finish!.
- I like to add the butter and melt it while mixing it in when I eat these, but if you don't want to, you can use all 3 cubes of butter (24 g = 2 tablespoons) in Step 3..
- The microwave cooking time in Step 1 will vary depending on your microwave, so adjust accordingly. The white part in the main photo is butter…not mayonnaise, haha..
- For an easier version, try. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147445-browned-corn-with-butter-and-soy-sauce.
- If you're using canned corn, drain the water from the corn before Step 1..
Combine potatoes and corn in a large bowl. Toss with butter and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Taste, for salt and pepper, and serve. My mom didn't put milk in hers and neither do I. I thicken the water the potatoes have been cooking in with corn starch mixed with some water and wisk in slowly to the potatoes towards the end of cooking.